News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

replacement fuel pump help needed.

Started by Shane Pashen, Saturday, 15 July 2017, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: DZ on Thursday, 21 May  2020, 07:48 PM
This is all great info here and I have also been through other threads RE external fuel filters as well.

Understand there are some nice replacement fuel pumps and good experience with HFP-384-xyz. However, these setups all require the original fuel pressure regulator and filter to be in place, right?

Now, below some pictures of my inherited fuel pump assembly (after one can of carb cleaner used) and not too keen trying to further cleaning or refurbishing it. Would still require a new pump, drill a filter bypass - and who knows what else.

So other options are to put in a new pump (like the HFP above) and some generic fuel pressure regulator with ext filter or maybe consider something like this: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fuel-Pump-15100-42F01-15100-35F20-15100-33E60/dp/B082DRVZCH

(Yes, I could also go OEM, found some in stock for $750 USD or back order for about $750-800 AUD)

Anyone tried this set or has any other suggestions?

Cheers and see images below   :whistling:
thats pretty shagged, after how many kms?  I pulled my HFP out after 42000km and looked like new, teabag cleaned up nice and reverse flushing the hpfp did not reveal much muck either
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Andre

Quote from: DZ on Thursday, 21 May  2020, 08:24 PM
Thanks Andre - that would still require the pressure regulator, right? And, yes - I saw some of the calculations RE FPH so I would double check the numbers before buying. Too much information to soak up and I forgot taking notes while browsing  :confused1: Will do the math before buying, now that you reminded me.

Also, love the humour here...

Took the tank to the shop today and got a stern look "is this yours or did you inherit this?"  :happy1:

Seriously considering an option like this - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/QUANTUM-Fuel-Pump-Reg-Tank-Seal-for-SUZUKI-99-07-Hayabusa-GSX1400-15100-24FB0/380407876613?hash=item5892138c05:g:0dYAAOSwwjVewwwJ

Will double check the specs etc and think through how the setup works and let you know. Of course, until I have pressed the "Buy now" button I will look at / listen to other options.

Yep, that regulator of yours looks like it needs a replacement. A quick glance at the link looks like a good deal with the regulator, its o-ring, and the tank/pump seal. Also you likely need o-ring part#15113-35F00  #7 in the pic (think it is identical in size with the o-ring on the regulator).

The metal the pump sits on/in and the filter housing hopefully clean up to at least make external highpressure filter mod.

Andre

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 21 May  2020, 09:29 PM
@Andre you are a font of information  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks  :grin: Just shows that I don't have much of a life besides the 14 :coffeescreen:

DZ

Quote from: Andre on Friday, 22 May  2020, 12:10 AM
Quote from: DZ on Thursday, 21 May  2020, 08:24 PM
Thanks Andre - that would still require the pressure regulator, right? And, yes - I saw some of the calculations RE FPH so I would double check the numbers before buying. Too much information to soak up and I forgot taking notes while browsing  :confused1: Will do the math before buying, now that you reminded me.

Also, love the humour here...

Took the tank to the shop today and got a stern look "is this yours or did you inherit this?"  :happy1:

Seriously considering an option like this - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/QUANTUM-Fuel-Pump-Reg-Tank-Seal-for-SUZUKI-99-07-Hayabusa-GSX1400-15100-24FB0/380407876613?hash=item5892138c05:g:0dYAAOSwwjVewwwJ

Will double check the specs etc and think through how the setup works and let you know. Of course, until I have pressed the "Buy now" button I will look at / listen to other options.

Yep, that regulator of yours looks like it needs a replacement. A quick glance at the link looks like a good deal with the regulator, its o-ring, and the tank/pump seal. Also you likely need o-ring part#15113-35F00  #7 in the pic (think it is identical in size with the o-ring on the regulator).

The metal the pump sits on/in and the filter housing hopefully clean up to at least make external highpressure filter mod.

Thanks - with the contaminated fuel system I decided replacing pump, pressure regulator, filter and hosing. Will be doing the external filter mod as well. Only recycling the base. Will get the Quantum fuel pump and post what other parts were missing once done.

DZ

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 21 May  2020, 11:45 PM
thats pretty shagged, after how many kms?  I pulled my HFP out after 42000km and looked like new, teabag cleaned up nice and reverse flushing the hpfp did not reveal much muck either

Approx 3-4,000km... Inherited her, she was garaged for 6-7 years and the fuel went off. Full of rust and gunk. Tank is in the shops now for a professional clean and fix, and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge here - really helps rebuilding without relying on just ordering $3k worth of original parts... (just for the fuel intake part that would be)

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: DZ on Friday, 22 May  2020, 07:51 AM
Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 21 May  2020, 11:45 PM

Approx 3-4,000km... Inherited her, she was garaged for 6-7 years and the fuel went off. Full of rust and gunk. Tank is in the shops now for a professional clean and fix, and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge here - really helps rebuilding without relying on just ordering $3k worth of original parts... (just for the fuel intake part that would be)
Thanks DZ, apologies for the brain fart, I didn't cotton on that this was part of your "1402 back from the dead" thread.  All good.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Eric GSX1400K3

Hi gang,

Rebuilt my HP FP on Saturday with this kit from quantum ; https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-35468028-quantum-255lph-performance-fuel-pump-w-regulator-for-suzuki-gsx-1400-2001-2008-replaces-15100-42f01.html

Thanks to AndrĂ© for the link.  Easy replacement, bike fired up first go and ran like a dream.  The kit has all the things you need, replacement seals, o rings and regulator, plus a selection of teabags. 

Big thumbs up from me.

Mitch411

Hello!

My first post here. Just adding a little something.

My pump started acting the other day, turned ignition on, pump wanted to start priming but after a few miliseconds it stopped, having the FI coming on.
Had to turn the ignition on and off a few times till it managed to prime in order to fire up the bike.
Disassembled the fuel pump today 2002 model, following code on the inside of the pump (mitsubishi) UC-T30. Bolt like terminals, positive on the left, negative on the right, a small hole between them and a bit lower while also a bigger hole at the top center.
Codes on the outside were 15100-42F01 (not sure about the number 1 at the end, a bit scratched) and below that, UC-T30SU5.
Called a friend, found the exact same pump that is used by Suzuki Vitara car.
Hope this might somehow help someone someday  :smile2:
Let the good times roll..

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Snapey

Quote from: Mitch411 on Thursday, 17 June  2021, 11:48 PM

Is that the complete pump and filters or just a pump? Good find if complete but if it's only the pump then Ebay have them at give away prices.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Mitch411

Quote from: Snapey on Friday, 18 June  2021, 07:03 PM
Quote from: Mitch411 on Thursday, 17 June  2021, 11:48 PM

Is that the complete pump and filters or just a pump? Good find if complete but if it's only the pump then Ebay have them at give away prices.

Not the whole assy, just the pump.
Friend works at parts so it was a price at cost. Still though, prefer to buy as much as I can from inside the country to help a couple businesses.
Let the good times roll..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk