Power Commander PC-V (& AutoTune) now fit for 2002-2007 GSX1400

Started by rollerfish01, Monday, 17 April 2017, 01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: VladTepes on Friday, 24 July  2020, 11:14 AM
Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 23 July  2020, 06:53 PM
Any "stupid cheap" yoshi st1 cams around?

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: that should be in the jokes section.

The last affordable ones that came up here are now in my engine :P

I did ask that question with your "gain" :notworthy: in mind VladTepes
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Snorre Kristoffersen

I havd been away from FI for some years... On my previous GSX1550 I uploaded and tried sevdral maps on dyno, must say that the difference was marginal. Actually I had good values hp and torque wo pc3 at all. Last night I mounted a Black Widow 4-1 exhaust on my new K2. Expecting to feel the need of  a pc5, but it was smooth as a silk sheet. Next will be ST1 cams, and I must say that I will wait to buy pc5 until I know how it works.

Graeme_f

Quote from: froudy on Thursday, 23 July  2020, 06:06 PM
For anyone looking for a second hand PC-V you can broaden your horizons a bit when searching for one. The same unit is also fitted to Suzuki Bandit 1250 water cooled models :onya:
I bought one for mine stupid cheap and then never got around to fitting it :rolleyes:

Ah so the gsx 1250 pc is just the same plug n play?

seth

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 23 July  2020, 06:53 PM
Any "stupid cheap" yoshi st1 cams around?

When you see them they are always a con .
There was a guy who sold a set of standard cams in a yoshi box last year he got found out at £250 but sold them later for £400
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Athelstanexxx

Proud owner of a K3 GSX1400 now K6++ as look

Fast1400

Quote from: Athelstanexxx on Monday, 01 August  2022, 06:33 PM
Hi folks

Power Commander website reads Power Commander 6 is on the market

https://www.dynojet.com/power-commander-6-for-2002-2007-suzuki-gsx-1400-pc6-20056/

When some of you rush out & buy the new PC6, I'll happily take your PCV off your hands ;)

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

I'll stick to my serial connection PC3 thanks, does everything I need on a 14.

Tony Nitrous

I guess if you haven't got one it's good there's still an up to date version being produced, however a PowerCommander has quite a limited amount of options on a 14 (as does an ECU flash) so I'm not sure how much you'd gain from going for 6 instead of a 3 or 5.   

I'd be interested to see a side by side comparison. Even if the 6 takes more recent auto-tune hardware would you really get worthy noticeable gains over a well mapped 3 ?   Not knocking the GSX but it's ECU is fairly basic.

seth

@Tony Nitrous
The fuel injection and ecu on the gsx1400 Was amongst the most advanced there was when it came out but that was 30 years ago and your right,
and things in that technology have moved on so much since then.
Still be interested to see bit I agree I doubt anything will do much more than a pc3 set up by someone who knows what they are doing . :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: seth on Tuesday, 02 August  2022, 05:12 AM
@tonyp
The fuel injection and ecu on the gsx1400 Was amongst the most advanced there was when it came out but that was 30 years ago and your right,
and things in that technology have moved on so much since then.
Still be interested to see bit I agree I doubt anything will do much more than a pc3 set up by someone who knows what they are doing . :cheers:

I understand they can still make advances, stuff like the auto-tune options, multiple maps, individual cylinders etc, but yeah, it's still only doing basic fueling on a 30 year old system.

It's still interesting and I'll try and stay open minded,  I'd love to try an optioned up 6 against my dyno mapped 3 and see how noticeable the differences are.

steve porter

Anyone got a before and after PC run on the same Dyno ? With no other mods.

Hooli

Quote from: steve porter on Tuesday, 02 August  2022, 06:56 AM
Anyone got a before and after PC run on the same Dyno ? With no other mods.

I do somewhere, but not at home to find it.

Biggest differences was low speeds response and smoothness, top end power didn't change much but it got a lot better where I normally ride in the throttle/rev range.

grog

Know nothing about PC except it only adjusts A/F ratio. Thats it. Mine runs perfectly at every rev, throttle opening, Never-found a reason to bother. Im not racing, after extra power, just a good ride. Thats what it does. I can appreciate why needed on dyno, just not for me. My work scan tool doesnt work on 14, does on multiple cars, can see live data and adjust lots. That can really change a cars driving habits. Done on real drive, not dyno. 😎

Hooli

I thought mine ran great till it was mapped grog, it made it even better. But then early ones are known to be rich. Mind you they run pretty good as standard so it's not a night n day change

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk