Power Commander PC-V (& AutoTune) now fit for 2002-2007 GSX1400

Started by rollerfish01, Monday, 17 April 2017, 01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollerfish01

As the information showed by the official site, the Power Commander PC-V now is straight fit for 2002-2007 GSX1400
(also the AutoTune parts) :

Installation Instructions:
http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/20-056/install/pcv/engI20-056.01.pdf

Product list:
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander.aspx?mk=21&mdl=182&yr=880

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

moshiach

So glad I didn't get a PC3 now. Gotta wait for Ozzy distro to get them in, probably going to be special order with eleventy billion week wait  :frustrated:

Reece

I fitted a Powercommander III USB I got off gumtree for a great price and took it for a ride last Monday and for me a lot better just need to find somewhere to dyno and fine tune it.

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Maveric

Nice so they finaly come to their senses, i'm just have that mounted for 4 years now (PCV with autotune) :imrgreen: :imrgreen:.
It's probably the same one but with a different cable connector instead of the one for 1200bandit that i use ;) .

Cheers Maveric

Notty

Do I need one?  have a standard K5 with a Yoshi dual oval as fitted from new - what would I gain?  :smile2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Notty on Saturday, 22 April  2017, 04:33 AM
Do I need one?  have a standard K5 with a Yoshi dual oval as fitted from new - what would I gain?  :smile2:

Nothing to not much Notty - yours may run a bit smoother but really PC's are mainly where different exhausts are fitted or engines tuned in some way from standard where ther suelling needs amendment.

So unless you are going to fit an aftermarket exhaust like an Akra or fit Yoshi cams - in standard trim, there is no real (if any benefit).
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

rollerfish01

layout of PCV 20-056 (GSX1400 2002-2007)

Will14

Quote from: Notty on Saturday, 22 April  2017, 04:33 AM

The biggest advantage that I found in the past with a PC3 on one of my previous 14's was that it immediately did away with the snatchy throttle at low revs (even though the TPS was within spec) once I had it Dyno'd it did away with it all together and ran as smooth as silk and pulled like a proper train!

The guy that did the custom map as well as having his own tuning business (Motrac Race Engineering) did a lot of work for some of the leading race teams and wasn't happy until he could ride around his car park in first gear and there be no on or off throttle judder at all, myself and another member (Tigger/Pete) from the old ORG went together on the same day to Ellesmere Port

Cheers

Pete...

Snorre Kristoffersen

Hi! Anyone used the Autotune modul? And what work was involved in tuning prossess? Dyno or road? And how was the result?

VladTepes

I already have a PC3 so wont be upgrading as there's be no benefit I can see...
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

froudy

For anyone looking for a second hand PC-V you can broaden your horizons a bit when searching for one. The same unit is also fitted to Suzuki Bandit 1250 water cooled models :onya:
I bought one for mine stupid cheap and then never got around to fitting it :rolleyes:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

VladTepes

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 23 July  2020, 06:53 PM
Any "stupid cheap" yoshi st1 cams around?

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: that should be in the jokes section.

The last affordable ones that came up here are now in my engine :P
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Blubber

Quote from: Snorre Kristoffersen on Thursday, 23 July  2020, 08:42 AM
Hi! Anyone used the Autotune modul? And what work was involved in tuning prossess? Dyno or road? And how was the result?

I have a autotune module. During normal road conditions it is impossible to get to 100% throttle opening long enough to cover the full range.

On a private road, long stretch, no speed limit and various engine loads... i think you can get to about 70% of all the increments you want.

We have a member on here who set up his 14 with just the autotune only to discover it made about 90? Bhp ...only because the upper throttle range wasnt tuned yet.

In my moderate experience you still need a rolling road setup as a decent base. Fine tuning via autotune is ok... baseline not
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk