News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

GSX1400 Paint Codes

Started by gsxbarmy, Sunday, 05 February 2017, 04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seth

Remember to put up pics when its finished as i for 1 will be interested in the results .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Latetsorpa

Hello gentlemen from (too) warm Mauritius!

Thanks barmy for the useful paint codes, yet I have a question for you guys  :grin:

I need to change my fuel tank, usual corrosion and want to turn it to White/Blue/Blue, and I've always dreamt of having my bike painted in the very first L99 theme, because it is to me by far the best looker (no offence to the owners of the much, MUCH faster black 14's!  :laugh: ). I found one brand new in Germany at motorcyclespareparts.eu for a great price (go check them out, they ship worldwide, really worth the look)

I selected the K2 model to make sure I get the proper design (as attached). The part number is 4910042FA0L99 on their website, which does differ from the following years. Just wanted to confirm with you, if possible, that it's the correct design.

I did ask them first but they need my VIN to confirm, only "problem" is mine is a K5 that was probably black from factory, and I really don't want them to be confused as per what I'm looking for!

Thanks in advance  :)

Andre

Looks like the right part#

Checked here, where it is 40€ less! Don't know about shipping cost difference though.

https://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/genuine-spare-parts/suzuki-spare-parts?itemid=4910042FA0L99

Weird thing (to me) is that the pics show SUZUKI text is NOT what I have. Mine (K2) has raised letters.

EDIT: Looked at Robinsons https://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/shop/online-store/suzuki-parts-finder/gsx/gsx1400/k2-k3-k4-k5-k6-k7-2002-2007.htm#!gsx1400tank2 and it appears that you can have either. The non-raised emblem is included with the tank. For the raised one you have to dish out extra dough.

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

gsxbarmy

For the earlier 14's, only the 2-tone paint jobs had decals - the single colours (grey, blue) both had raised badges. Likewise on the side panels the earlier single colour models had raised GSX1400, the two-tone colour (blue/white) did not
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Latetsorpa

Thanks for the update!

I actually also went to check on that website too Barmy, but MSP really seems to stand out of the crowd, might only be just a feeling.

I did compare on their own website for the K2 to K6 and in every parts diagrams the drawings of the design and the parts number differ, matching the L99 and LR5 designs for the Blue / White versions. They also sent me the manual from the K2 after I posted so I think I'm safe to buy!  :grin:

Thanks for the great support  :worshippy:

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Latetsorpa on Wednesday, 04 December  2019, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the update!

I actually also went to check on that website too Barmy, but MSP really seems to stand out of the crowd, might only be just a feeling.

I did compare on their own website for the K2 to K6 and in every parts diagrams the drawings of the design and the parts number differ, matching the L99 and LR5 designs for the Blue / White versions. They also sent me the manual from the K2 after I posted so I think I'm safe to buy!  :grin:

Thanks for the great support  :worshippy:

You are aware that you can download manuals and workshop manuals on here from the "Downloads" section.... :onya:

(If you are not sure where that is, look 5 words to the left of where you click on "Logout")

vonny232

Anyone know the paint code/name of the graphite side panels/fairings? I scuffed one of mine when taking off the tank (DOH)!!

Also, what black paint do I use to touch up the engine fins?

gsxbarmy

Quote from: vonny232 on Tuesday, 17 March  2020, 07:04 PM
Anyone know the paint code/name of the graphite side panels/fairings? I scuffed one of mine when taking off the tank (DOH)!!

Also, what black paint do I use to touch up the engine fins?

They are not painted, they are moulded in that colour so there is no code. All i can suggest is take them to a paint shop and get them to match the colour and get them sprayed.

As for black paint on the fins - ditto, although most Car Accessory shops sell gloss black heat proof black which would suffice for touching up the fins

numbskull

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Tuesday, 17 March  2020, 08:06 PM
They are not painted, they are moulded in that colour so there is no code. All i can suggest is take them to a paint shop and get them to match the colour and get them sprayed.

As for black paint on the fins - ditto, although most Car Accessory shops sell gloss black heat proof black which would suffice for touching up the fins

As an alternative, might I suggest you consider wrapping them in a colour similar to that of the originals? Or you could look on eBay for a replacement as I've seen them appear on there for around £30. Painting them is probably the most expensive option, especially if you damage them again.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Andre on Wednesday, 04 December  2019, 12:41 AM

Checked here, where it is 40€ less! Don't know about shipping cost difference though.

https://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/genuine-spare-parts/suzuki-spare-parts?itemid=4910042FA0L99

Weird thing (to me) is that the pics show SUZUKI text is NOT what I have. Mine (K2) has raised letters.

EDIT: Looked at Robinsons https://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/shop/online-store/suzuki-parts-finder/gsx/gsx1400/k2-k3-k4-k5-k6-k7-2002-2007.htm#!gsx1400tank2 and it appears that you can have either. The non-raised emblem is included with the tank. For the raised one you have to dish out extra dough.

Heres mine, a Dec 01 built K2 model with what i understand is still the original tank and paint scheme, as the paint is good, with the usual small nicks and chips expected from an 18yo bike. Maybe this helps, the suzuki letters are under the clear coat.

Happy to be corrected, if its not the correct scheme etc.

Thanks also for the info and link to the websites for replacement tanks.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Tuesday, 17 March  2020, 09:08 PM
Quote from: Andre on Wednesday, 04 December  2019, 12:41 AM

Heres mine, a Dec 01 built K2 model with what i understand is still the original tank and paint scheme, as the paint is good, with the usual small nicks and chips expected from an 18yo bike. Maybe this helps, the suzuki letters are under the clear coat.

Happy to be corrected, if its not the correct scheme etc.

Thanks also for the info and link to the websites for replacement tanks.

Hmnm - that's a K3 tank paint scheme though.....I would suggest if it was registered in Dec 2001 that at some stage the tank has been replaced as that tank design was not released until late 2002

Eric GSX1400K3

:lol: thanks gsxbarmy, oops just realised my error, its a Dec 02 built K3, so correct paint scheme then. Appreciate the clarification.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Wednesday, 18 March  2020, 09:44 AM
:lol: thanks gsxbarmy, oops just realised my error, its a Dec 02 built K3, so correct paint scheme then. Appreciate the clarification.

👍👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk