What step-by-step forum guides do you want?

Started by VladTepes, Wednesday, 01 February 2017, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

I'm planning on making some guides (either pics or video) to show how to do certain things on the forum step-by-step.

Are there any particular things people would like to see in this regard?

And would you prefer a how to video or a series of pictures to show such things?
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Celtic32

That's a great idea. I'm a total newbie when it comes to doing any work on the bike myself though so you don't want to hear what I need guides for. Ha.

Just a thought but maybe you could set up a dedicated 'How to...' section in the 'Technically Speaking' part of the forum that can only be added to by the Mod to avoid them being lost in the pages of other categories? People could obviously still contribute but via the mod but it would help keep things relevant and avoid multiple threads covering the same thing. Just an idea anyway.

Great work here Vlad, well done. I for one appreciate the effort you're putting into this place and how you're working hard to involve members in having an input into how it runs.

Batkwaka

Something I could have used in my earlier years was the removal of snapped head bolts (any bolt really) with Ezy outs or similar.
May the sun be warm & shining and your roads be smooth & winding.

Mrg

yes ive got two bolts on my crash bar next to the headers that have seized and are a bugger to get to so that would help  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

seth

Barmy has a get step by step on fitting yoshi cams
i think some of the others on the old org contain mistakes so would be good to get a definitive one on here.

:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Mrg

can we get the fuel filters and fuel pump pic and info guide on here please  mik  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

Celtic32

Things that would definitely benefit newbies like me would be routine maintenance things that people perhaps avoid due to not having the confidence to do. The risk here is that you're just being asked to reword the Haynes manual. But for example servicing the forks and brakes.

VladTepes

Ok so i was misunderstood.

But it's all good a lot of that WILL be coming....

What I meant was how to operate parts of the forum itself.  Anything you have trouble with?
The gallery is obviously one I'll do.

Anything else?

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Bob

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk