News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

right hand switch gear

Started by hard road, Friday, 26 May 2023, 08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hard road

anyone know if the early r/h switch gear with the light switch is a straight swap for the K5 hazard switch ?    I like to be in control of the lights  ;) 

gsxbarmy

The wiring and switchgear on the K5 is quite different to the earlier models; hence you cannot swap the later RH switchgear with earlier (K2) switchgear with the light switch, it won't work.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Tony Nitrous

Playing the Devils advocate...

I'd put money on that it could be done.  Not a plug and play I agree, but the 14 isn't using the latest tech where everything is monitored and controlled through the ECU.  I'd have a bet that a smart sparky would sort it out.

grog

Agree Tony, just a switch into light feed. Hardest part would be to make switch fit in, look good i mean. Mine always on, never worried me.

Mick_J

I like to be in control of my lights as well so I made a module that lets me switch my lights on when I want.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

hard road

thanks guys, yeah ive done it before made a light switch work, my XS1100 is an import with no switch so just fitted a small switch on the bars and connected to the earth wire.
i was just wondering if it was a plug and play job, but will look into it at a later date  :onya:

Eric GSX1400K3

Here in Oz its a compliance thing to have your motorcycle headlight on all the time. If not, it's technically unroadworthy.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Friday, 26 May  2023, 08:19 PMHere in Oz its a compliance thing to have your motorcycle headlight on all the time. If not, it's technically unroadworthy.

It was brought in as a compliance requirement. I think that was changed a while back. Most bikes lights are hard wired on due to it being compulsory in some other counties, we just get the same bikes. I know a couple of years back you could still buy bikes with an OFF option, as they weren't sold in the US or similar markets. (I may be wrong though!)

EDIT:  1996.

https://www.mrasa.asn.au/achievements.shtml

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk