News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Best Suzuki.

Started by Mick_J, Saturday, 21 March 2020, 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSXKING

My first was TS90 with dual range gearbox. Click your heal and ratios changed  :onya: :onya:

Then PE175 road registered rode it everywhere.  :boogie:

Katana 550 first road bike  :worshippy:

Katana 1100 next than GSX1100FJ (electric windscreen)  :imrgreen:

TL1000s good ducati copy.  :whatever:

GSXR1000 K4 great track bike  :laughsign:

GSX1400 the best all rounder ever.  :1400spray:

B-King just awesome  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :wheelie:

Suzuki have always built bikes with awesome gearboxes and quality of motors is without question. IMHO.  :salute: :hat:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

seth

My first Suzuki (hidden in all the stroke yamaha's at the time) was a not new but mint gt250 ramair great bike but strange oil mixed in the crank so when the cable broke it blow up a lot. Ended up with an X7 motor before I killed it and took it to a breakers in the end .
Wish I still had it .
😎
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Irish in Oz

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 22 March  2020, 06:53 PM
Irish, just had a read. Didnt even know about x7.

Becoming collectable especially in the UK, the X7 comes from the Hustler also known as X6. Difference with X7 is they have reed valves and CDI.

Mick_J

The X7 was built from the ground up especially for the vertically incompetent  :whistling:
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Notty

Quote from: mjgt on Monday, 23 March  2020, 07:37 PM
The X7 was built from the ground up especially for the vertically incompetent  :whistling:
Shame they don't still make them says the 5 foot 5 biker  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

lawrie

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Monday, 23 March  2020, 01:17 AM
Quote from: grog on Sunday, 22 March  2020, 06:53 PM
Irish, just had a read. Didnt even know about x7.

Becoming collectable especially in the UK, the X7 comes from the Hustler also known as X6. Difference with X7 is they have reed valves and CDI.

I dun it up, didn't like it so I sold it for £500.00, the guy sold it on days later, don't know for how much though!!
I DO have to grow old, I DO NOT have to grow up.

DP1400

This one was always big fun :grin:

KiwiCol

There used to be a bloke called Nitrous who would of liked that.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

DP1400

It took me the best part of a year to find one in those colours and in that condition. If ever there was a sports muscle bike, that was it! A sunday morning thrashing around the Cotswolds was as good as a weeks worth of gym sessions.

It was really rapid and would just manage to lift the front end even in 3rd, holding the throttle on the stop, no clutch! Great power to weight ratio for such a heavy bike. Well done Suzuki for that.

Sold her in the end in around 2004 to a guy up near Doncaster for £1000. I must have been mad :furious:!!!

Johno

Maybe not the best but a very good touring bike is my 1981 GS1000G.

A great motor and comfortable seat.

Requires minimal maintenance. Regular fluid changes and valve adjustments.

Carbs cleaned once in 39 years.

I've done 76000kms since new and now about 2000 per year on club runs.
Johno

GSX1400 K5 now sold
1981 GS1000G

Roo

73 T350J in pick but I had the first T350 in 70 I think?

KiwiCol

ooooww, twin leading shoes!  :stir: Bet that pulled up nicely, yeah right!    :whistling:  Think my T250 had the same as well.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

lawrie

Quote from: Johno on Tuesday, 24 March  2020, 12:03 PM
Maybe not the best but a very good touring bike is my 1981 GS1000G.

A great motor and comfortable seat.

Requires minimal maintenance. Regular fluid changes and valve adjustments.

Carbs cleaned once in 39 years.

I've done 76000kms since new and now about 2000 per year on club runs.

Lovely bike the 'G', I had a GS1000 at the same time, but I find the 'G' far nicer to ride, I still have mine as well.
Johno, I think the front brake splitter needs re-attaching!!
I DO have to grow old, I DO NOT have to grow up.

grog

Totally agree on 1000G, one bike i shouldve kept. Just a brilliant machine. Rode it forever, no failures except clutch stuck if left for a month. Photo it has Ace bars on low, other way up were very good. I bought it orange but re painted black, had sun sparkles in paint.Was so nice. Modified head bearings, think i changed to tapered rollers. Marzochi shocks fitted. Exhaust custom made with Conti mufflers, deep growly sound, still think the best sound ive heard on a Suzuki. Such a great bike.

Irish in Oz

I have a GS1000G in Oz, I should do a resto on it when I go back, it's a blue one which I like. Bike complete cost me $300 but didn't have a seat, picked one up while on holiday in UK from the Hairy Breakers took it home in my suitcase cost $200 but at least it was refurbished with nice patterned seat cover like original.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk