1400 Owners Life Today ( The 'What did you do today?' thread)

Started by grog, Thursday, 21 June 2018, 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Went for a trundle on the bike this arvo. Popped over to see the old boy, its only about 80k and not a bad ride.
Not a lot of car traffic, lot of trucks, lots of caravans, wonder where they are all off to. Oh thats right........isolation !!
The old boy looks organised and set for a month at home. Good for me to see.
Bit cooler coming home..... heated grips turned on. Liner will be going back in the jacket. Winters coming 
Happy day  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Well done Col. Glad your old man organised. My nearly 90 Mum also seems to be. Traffic here is like mid 90s, love it. So sad to see all the closed shops. Im still out and about, doing my jobs. Has the feel of one of those apocalyptic movies. My kiwi workmate has a son there, same place as you said air show was on, cant remember name. Just did, Wanaka. Anyway, son is very famous for his bow hunting but also a chook farmer. He has 5000 chooks laying eggs, not allowed to sell them. Cant even give them away. Is something really wrong there. Surely they would feed someone, lots i reckon.

KiwiCol

That sounds bloody mad Grog, but It'll be because everyone has to stay "in their own bubble" as they say now.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

VladTepes

So we can't ride recreationally but surely people are still doing 'things' ?

I'm apparently classed as an essential worker (I don't agree, but anyway) so can still commute to 3work on my bike. Only about 12 kms I think but it's something!

I still can't test the new cams - no opportunity in suburbia/urban area to get to 6.5K revs - at least not without
a) getting booked, and
b) destroying 1st gear.

Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

steve porter

Got the thumbs up from a bike cop on the freeway today on the 14, I wasn`t speeding, just cruising along minding my own business at 100

grog

Kiwifruit

Quote from: steve porter on Thursday, 16 April  2020, 02:55 PM
Got the thumbs up from a bike cop on the freeway today on the 14, I wasn`t speeding, just cruising along minding my own business at 100

Bloody favouritism...... !!!!
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

steve porter

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Thursday, 16 April  2020, 07:31 PM
Quote from: steve porter on Thursday, 16 April  2020, 02:55 PM

Bloody favouritism...... !!!!

I saw him coming in my lane pretty quick and thought I was going to get interrogated for my papers, but he just changed lanes and pulled away

GSXKING

Washed my 18 year old bike today after work, I think it scrubbed up OK  :onya: :onya:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

GSXKING

Happiness >>>>>I'm sure one day it will all be back to some sort of normal  :frustrated: :frustrated:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

T 24

I stripped old antifouling paint from the bottom of my boat with powerful pressure washer.

Globalrider

I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

T 24

Lockdown coffee break at our favourite cafe. it's closed, but the parking lot was open... :laugh:

Hooli

grog

Looking thru stuff for sale last night. Bloke selling off bike gear. Went there today. All my size, all as new. Max 3 wears was told. I got top of range Dririder jacket with 2 spare liners, warmer and super warmer. 2 Kevlar armoured jeans and full Dririder rain suit. $120. Best bargain of my life. Had been budgeting on $500 for new winter jacket. Made my day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk