News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

zed/bandit project

Started by hard road, Wednesday, 20 September 2023, 12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hard road

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 20 September  2023, 05:41 PMThose last two just awesome Mate. 750 so nice.

cheers grog  :onya:   yeah the 750 turned out pretty good considering it was just bits I had lying around, but did have to find a frame for it.  :onya: 

BanditsHigh

Absolutely stunning, wish I was half as talented ... the only thing I've really done myself was design some yokes for my 14, which I then had to get someone else to make.

If that's what you can accomplish when sick I can't imagine what'd you do if well again.

I'm a bit fecked (heart wise) myself, but it's amazing what you can manage even if it does take significantly longer than it used too!!

All the best ... Barry
Still alive ... just!!

hard road

Quote from: BanditsHigh on Thursday, 21 September  2023, 06:18 PMAbsolutely stunning, wish I was half as talented ... the only thing I've really done myself was design some yokes for my 14, which I then had to get someone else to make.

If that's what you can accomplish when sick I can't imagine what'd you do if well again.

I'm a bit fecked (heart wise) myself, but it's amazing what you can manage even if it does take significantly longer than it used too!!

All the best ... Barry

thanks Barry  :onya:   ive been modifying bikes since my first bike when i was 15, for me its just having a bike that fits what i see in my head and it'll stand out in a crowd, ive even got plans for the 1400 but that'll be a good while before i do anything with it (if ever)  :whatever:   :grin:

Rynglieder

That's very impressive work.

I'm curious about your motivation, were you looking for true '80s styling with a more modern / efficient engine?

Or was it just because you can  :grin:

hard road

Quote from: Rynglieder on Friday, 22 September  2023, 12:07 AMThat's very impressive work.

I'm curious about your motivation, were you looking for true '80s styling with a more modern / efficient engine?

Or was it just because you can  :grin:

I prefer the look of the 70's and 80's bikes plus the over engineering in them, they just lack decent suspension/brakes and wheels (wider tyres) something they should of done at the time but that came later. the 1100/1200 oil cooled suzuki engine is a well put together motor and pretty hard to break !! plus its a good looking engine,lighter and compact, whats not to like  ;)   
why I like the GSX14, its got an old school look and twin shocks  :onya:

BanditsHigh

A few questions for you, if you don't mind  :whistling:

1) When using an older frame and modern wheels/engine, how do you handle the fact that the wider wheel means that the chain is further out compared to the original wheel/engine?

2) With regards swingarm, do you need to machine that as well to fit the frame?

Any other info you'd like to share from your experience would also be fantastic  :hat:

All the best ... Barry

Still alive ... just!!

hard road

Quote from: BanditsHigh on Tuesday, 26 September  2023, 02:05 AMA few questions for you, if you don't mind  :whistling:

1) When using an older frame and modern wheels/engine, how do you handle the fact that the wider wheel means that the chain is further out compared to the original wheel/engine?

2) With regards swingarm, do you need to machine that as well to fit the frame?

Any other info you'd like to share from your experience would also be fantastic  :hat:

All the best ... Barry

Hi Barry,
chain alignment is always an issue with this sort of build, on this bike I used a thinner (width) sprocket carrier from an early GSX1100, fits a bandit wheel perfect. then shorten the front sprocket spacer so its closer to the engine (still enough clearance) then a thinner chain or go down to a 525 chain kit. chain is dead straight but about 3mm from the frame.
swingarm fits in the gap no problem, 2 ways to do it, top hat spacers either side of the pivot, or in my case a sleave to reduce the 20mm down to 16mm the kawasaki uses.
their is plenty of other things you have to do but it'll take me a week to type it all !!!!!!  :rolleyes: 

BanditsHigh

Interesting stuff, thanks for taking the time to detail it.

As for other things you have to do ... I'm quite happy to wait a week  :lol:

All the best ... Barry
Still alive ... just!!

hard road

Quote from: BanditsHigh on Tuesday, 26 September  2023, 05:22 AMInteresting stuff, thanks for taking the time to detail it.

As for other things you have to do ... I'm quite happy to wait a week  :lol:

All the best ... Barry

if you really want to know a bit more about my builds then their on the OSS site  :onya:

BanditsHigh

Quote from: hard road on Tuesday, 26 September  2023, 06:26 AMif you really want to know a bit more about my builds then their on the OSS site  :onya:

What the hell is OSS I thought ... a few seconds of searching later and it was so obvious ... Old School Suzuki  :notworthy:

All the best ... Barry
Still alive ... just!!

froudy

Some great builds there Hard Road :onya:
They do look very familiar :imrgreen:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

hard road

Quote from: froudy on Tuesday, 26 September  2023, 06:14 PMSome great builds there Hard Road :onya:
They do look very familiar :imrgreen:

ha ha, I think you've seen most of them before froudy  :onya: 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk