News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Hard to See Trees in Forest Sometimes

Started by grog, Thursday, 15 April 2021, 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

When i first got 14, can had end baffle. Of course i drilled rivet out and removed it, i like a noisy bike. So, forever its sounded nice but always a bit of a whistle, rev, back off. Ive always wondered why the whistle, just thought thats how it is.PAIRS blocked, nice free flow exhaust. Just how it is. Today bike sitting, warming up, Mate said, has a bit of a whistle sometimes. Told him ive no idea, tried to fix it for a decade. He put his finger over hole where rivet came out. Such a different sounding bike, amazing. Im gob smacked i missed that. Fitted a rivet, rode home. Like a different bike. I really cant believe i didnt think of that, a bloody 1/4 inch hole. Sounds superb now.

gsxbarmy

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Cykik

Drill lots of different size holes then see what tunes you can play @ various rpm....
Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

Eric GSX1400K3

What about covering the big hole and using the small hole as the exhaust?  Might make it sound even better... :stir:
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Thanks for replies Gentlemen, very good stuff. Im just glad the whistle gone. Strangest part, fitting Tri Oval tomorrow.

KiwiCol

But of course Grog, isn't that always the fecken way!    :happy1: :clapping:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

steve porter

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 15 April  2021, 05:58 PM
When i first got 14, can had end baffle. Of course i drilled rivet out and removed it, i like a noisy bike. So, forever its sounded nice but always a bit of a whistle, rev, back off. Ive always wondered why the whistle, just thought thats how it is.PAIRS blocked, nice free flow exhaust. Just how it is. Today bike sitting, warming up, Mate said, has a bit of a whistle sometimes. Told him ive no idea, tried to fix it for a decade. He put his finger over hole where rivet came out. Such a different sounding bike, amazing. Im gob smacked i missed that. Fitted a rivet, rode home. Like a different bike. I really cant believe i didnt think of that, a bloody 1/4 inch hole. Sounds superb now.
That's piss funny

Grumpy old man

Even with the Tri Oval fitted if you remove the baffle and don't put a bolt or rivet back in the hole you will hear another noise just not a whistle

grog

I gave the Yoshi a trial run today. Should post pic to make sure i had it right way on. 😂 I did build a motor once, forgot to fit oil pickup.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 17 April  2021, 05:01 PMI did build a motor once, forgot to fit oil pickup.
Is that why  you only did  it once?
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Hate to think how many others ive built Eric. That one and a V8 Holden are only stuff ups from memory. Holden i timed wrong, dots on chain on wrong side of sprockets. Not bad i reckon, 50 yrs next yr fixing bloody cars.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk