News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Annual GSX Meet Ideas Here.

Started by Stolichnaya, Thursday, 03 August 2017, 09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stolichnaya

Guys - instead of creating a list re ideas for (Not MCR 2018) within a thread on this years bash..   i shout we start a new..
lets work together on creating our even for next year.

Remember - not interested in slagging off ideas, this is for putting them forward and everyone joining in.  Here is my Idea (and its the best..  honest..  it is)

Top Fuel Weekend at Santa Pod?  http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_main.php
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzQFyxFkXsY
CRAZY weekend.  loudest cars on the planet.  Bank Hol weekend event so you don't have to go back to work Monday.  brilliant entertainment, all day something is on.  Camping on site.  bars, music and food. its all there!!  very fairly priced too.  We just rock up, take over a portion of the cavernous field and do our thing and enjoy whats already there.  just needs us!
Those that have never heard a Top Fuel  9000bhp car do 0-300 in 5 seconds - you aint lived

Stoli
I have 4 bikes and 1 wife - why can't all 5 shut up when I take a key out

lets have some noise.... MY GSX14 Noise... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ6OiT0dngg

Stolichnaya

9 views and not 1 comment or addition...  come on guys!
lots moan that nothing is organised or happens and here's your forum, your chance to add value

what man can turn down the option of a good laugh, a few beers and a weekend away with like-minded people!

lets have some noise.... MY GSX14 Noise... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ6OiT0dngg

Daytona

I haven't been able to ride for the last three months or so,but once things are back to normal I reckon santa pod would be a good venue.im hoping to be fit for the European finals later this year.like you say stolid if you haven't witnessed the cars and bikes at that level then you ain't seen nothing yet.

seth

i quite like the idea of a get together that's for the bikes not a rally but a get together with our bikes.
if thats tagged on to something else great as much less to organise but i do think it needs to move about like the old mcr did as it will become stale rather than a go to event other wise .
that's my 10p worth . :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Stolichnaya

Quote from: seth on Friday, 04 August  2017, 01:16 AM
i quite like the idea of a get together that's for the bikes not a rally but a get together with our bikes.
if thats tagged on to something else great as much less to organise but i do think it needs to move about like the old mcr did as it will become stale rather than a go to event other wise .
that's my 10p worth . :cheers:

indeed..  - ive started the post so that ideas are chucked in too..  so if there are any events or bashes nearer for you then post up.  we could possibly do al alternative one each year !!  so its fair on everyone on the condition that you don't just go to your nearest one.. then everyone makes an effort!!

so, have a look and let us know whats up your way? 

My reasons for suggesting Santa Pod is that everything we need will be on site.  convenient.  there is something brilliant on all weekend so entertainment.  bands on at night, food on too and Bars.  Lots of other people get there too.  And its a 4 day Bank Hol weekend!! 

seth

everywhere is far for me but i still go when ever i can.
i was a bit upset at the last mcr when most turned up in car's /van's /campers and caravan's.
a good party and great folks but its far from being about the bikes anymore.

i agree about having a place to wash/shower and more than 1 overnight toilet.

Sethbot Postwhore

Stolichnaya

Quote from: seth on Friday, 04 August  2017, 01:52 AM
everywhere is far for me but i still go when ever i can.
i was a bit upset at the last mcr when most turned up in car's /van's /campers and caravan's.
a good party and great folks but its far from being about the bikes anymore.

i agree about having a place to wash/shower and more than 1 overnight toilet.

indeed.  hence the idea and pushing for Ideas on a get together all will be happy with and as many can attend.  if we start now more will be able to arrange time etc.  its when it gets to 2 weeks before and everyone is booked or doing something else.
Tons of 1400 guys n gals all in a big area having a hoot

seth

sounds good
ok not our own rally means no organisation just letting folk know then turn up .

first thing to sort would be a date as things get very busy in the summers thesedays .
if in school holidays its more of a problem for folk getting away and scottish schools and rest of UK have very different holidays .
we have no kids so its not a problem but might be for others.
i would say july/august /september with plenty of notice.

:cheers:

Sethbot Postwhore

Stolichnaya

Quote from: seth on Friday, 04 August  2017, 02:11 AM
sounds good
ok not our own rally means no organisation just letting folk know then turn up .

first thing to sort would be a date as things get very busy in the summers thesedays .
if in school holidays its more of a problem for folk getting away and scottish schools and rest of UK have very different holidays .
we have no kids so its not a problem but might be for others.
i would say july/august /september with plenty of notice.

:cheers:

More of yes its our own Rally but..  the added bonus of it being at a place where all we need is already there.  Its just tagging our meet onto something else and using those facilities.  MCR i went to was OK bit nowt to do during the day..  rideout yes...  but unless you started drinking at 10am there wasn't anything around you to actually see/do/go. 
So for example - Top Fuel Day Santa Pod there is a whole weekend of stuff already on.  we just use it for a meet.  we all tent-up in the same place, meet up, do whatever but at least there is a full calendar of stuff cracking on.  from rides in a Monster truck, funfair, Top Fuel Bikes and Cars, Jet Car!!!  Bars, food, bands...  it just makes perfect sense (to me) to use whats out there already.  its the people who get there that's important

seth

sounds a plan  :cheers:
I'm in guess need others to comment and get more opinions  :cheers:

Sethbot Postwhore

Podfather

I haven't been to a mcr yet but would be very interested in the santa pod meet up
Never seen the top fuels but would love to so combined with a gsx gathering would be perfect for me.

KiwiCol

I reckon that's a brilliant idea Stoli!   I can't go, but can see the merit in what you're proposing for sure.  :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Stolichnaya

Quote from: Podfather on Friday, 04 August  2017, 02:35 AM
I haven't been to a mcr yet but would be very interested in the santa pod meet up
Never seen the top fuels but would love to so combined with a gsx gathering would be perfect for me.

Have a look at the 2 web links in 1st post.
Or YouTube Santa Pod top fuel.
If you've never experienced it.... you'll be shocked. The noise tattles your lungs. And as for the Jet Car ...
it's MAD.

Blubber

What about a GSX1400 meet during Donington / bulldog bash / Elvington?

All the facilities are there  :whistling:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Blubber

Just noticed idea's in that line are already suggested  :frustrated:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk