Disc lock recomendations uk based

Started by Phill P, Thursday, 29 February 2024, 02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phill P

My reason for choice, was it's number 1 of 3 I will purchase given time.
I need something for when the bikes out front of the house as I have a stupid but not unusual insurance policy that states "if its not garaged and its stolen within 500 metres of the house" its effectively not insured.
D lock next but the litelock is bloody expensive

markmacd

Oxford Monster. Had one for years and used on all my bikes. Great visible deterent and are insurance approved too.

gsxbarmy

Disc Locks these days are (IMO) a waste of time - no matter how good they may be, the thieves just cut straight through the discs.

Personally I use a Litelok X3 and Litelok X1 "D" locks on mine - these have been proven to be some of the toughest locks to get through with powered angle grinders (let alone the battery powered jobbies that thieves use), taking up to 4 discs for the lock to be cut.

At about £150 for the X1 - a better spend (IMO) than spending the same money on a disc lock. And - for the money better for peace of mind than having your pride and joy stolen. Discs can be cut to remove a disc lock and your bike gone in less than 20 seconds. A Litelok takes considerably more time to cut through, much longer than a thief would want to be around your machine. And not be able to get the lock off, as mobile battery charged angle grinders would run out of battery well before they got through the lock.

https://www.litelok.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUwjh8J4uec
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

I find it's less about making your bike unstealable & just making it slightly harder to steal than the one next to it.

Besides most bike thefts in my area are scrotey little scummers riding around on stolen bikes without any kit to get locks etc off.

Jeykey

Try the Xena lineup. I´ve got the old XX15, newer ones are smartphone controlled. For me the advantage is the alarm, hard to leave on the disc and let the bike fall, double win.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk