Main Menu

19 tooth front sprocket

Started by Nellywelly, Tuesday, 18 June 2019, 04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Vlad, you beat me to those two.

froudy

Quick update..

Having been off from work for the last four weeks with "Family problems",  I finally got to ride with the 19t front sprocket fitted yesterday. Now this is really quite embarassing as it was only as I logged on here just now that I actually remembered that I'd fitted it. I hadn't ridden the bike for a month so it seemed fast anyway.
I had a bit of a "Play" with this 2 smoke Honda on the way home last night and I can report that the GSX14 went very well :devil:

Next time I ride it, I'll try and evaluate it a bit better :imrgreen:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

The Stumeister

Cheers for this.......only downside is the postage to the UK is more than the cost of the sprocket..Lol!!! Going to order one anyway and see if the speedo shows the correct reading now.....always within the speed limit officer.... ;)

gsxbarmy

Quote from: The Stumeister on Sunday, 20 August  2023, 08:51 PMCheers for this.......only downside is the postage to the UK is more than the cost of the sprocket..Lol!!! Going to order one anyway and see if the speedo shows the correct reading now.....always within the speed limit officer.... ;)

If its correcting your speedo to read the right speed, then you might want to consider a Speedo Healer from Healtech instead @The Stumeister
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

The Stumeister

I just always assumed the GSX speedo was a bit out as when i'm doing say 80 or 90 it doesn't feel like that speed..!!!

KiwiCol

Quote from: The Stumeister on Monday, 21 August  2023, 01:13 AMI just always assumed the GSX speedo was a bit out as when i'm doing say 80 or 90 it doesn't feel like that speed..!!!

Other guys have done this evaluation previously & found the stock speedos vary in their inaccuracy, from 5-11% too fast, so a 19t front may fix one  bike, but not another.   
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Irish in Oz

My GPS tells me when I'm speeding, problem is it never shut's up.

Eric

Quote from: The Stumeister on Monday, 21 August  2023, 01:13 AMI just always assumed the GSX speedo was a bit out as when i'm doing say 80 or 90 it doesn't feel like that speed..!!!

that's because you're sitting on a beast

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk