Previous topic - Next topic

Blubber

How about the following sections :

imperial porter
IPA
Red double rye etc :devil:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

grog

Harvey im no suspension expert, thats why i followed shops advice. wilbers progressive springs were fitted. i also dont know about linear v progressive. all i know is it works. so good i couldnt and still cant believe. diving is now non existent. forks just soak up bumps. 85 kg i weigh, was 100 4 yrs ago. gave up sugar, except beer, im a big drinker, lost 18kg. couple put back on but lost a whole size in clothes. nearly 5 yrs since an ice cream. fork upgrade was by far the best improvement on 14. coming from ducatis i hated 14 front end. now just as good. ive test ridden new bikes, mt07, mt09, gsx1000, i could really notice how bad the forks are. as i said, no expert, just my observations. was annoyed that if i bought a new bike, still needs to be modded.

Andre

According to the suspension guy, forks are getting worse. Ever more plastic in them to cut costs and then advertise how cool they are to make ever lighter bikes.

Fast1400

Hey there,
I know this is an old thread, but for what it's worth here's my 2 cents (plus hours of testing!)...

First up - the advice below is specific to my preferences, which I've outlined below for clarity.
Ergo - I weigh 74kg, always ride solo, don't carry luggage, ride primarily 'B" class roads fairly quickly, never "grab" my brakes (even if I feel serious injury or death may be imminent), prefer a bike that turns in quite fast, and stays settled running fast over rough surfaces (and without transferring that to me).
And I only run sports tyres, 36/40psi or 36/42 (your preference). 40 sticks better, 42 wears better.

So here are the settings that work for me.

Front
Sag (should be) 35mm + 5-10 free
Preload 3 rings out (std 5)
Rebound 4 clicks out (std 8)
Compression 12 clicks out (std 7)
Rear
Sag (should be) 25mm + 10-15 free
Preload 2 rings (std 1.5)
Note: The adjusters are seized, so I've had collars made & fitted equivalent to 2x rings preload (25mm!)
Compression Position 1 (std 2)
Rebound Position 2 (std 2)

As I would still prefer a quicker turn in and feel that some better quality shocks would be beneficial, I have just ordered a set of YSS shocks, which are 25mm longer than standard (355-365mm).
Will post an update with these fitted once I have the bike sorted.

I hope this helps someone.

Westcraigs

Hi there,

Did you get the YSS shocks fitted and if so what did you find was the best settings for the same solo rider situation and did you leave the front end as it was before, or did you end up tweaking that too as a result of the rear shocks swap please?
😎

Almost

Can anyone?
Recommend a good mechanic in London.North west possibly that I can trust?

Eric GSX1400K3

Almost, but not quite.

It's polite to introduce yourself at the bar, and then post your question in the appropriate section.

This aint FB.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Andre

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 21 March  2024, 09:34 AMIt's polite to introduce yourself at the bar, and then post your question in the appropriate section.

After 34 posts  ;)

Eric GSX1400K3

Oops, never saw the intro, my apologies thrn, ill just get back in my box....
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk