Rear Compression damping

Started by joejoe, Tuesday, 07 February 2017, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joejoe

Wondering if anyone has any experience.  Stripped the rear preload adjusted following it dumping its guts on the way to farmyard last year.  It settled on 3 rings so I was quite happy to adjust the other side down to 3 and keep on running till I had time. 

I've got a set of o-rings on order 46mm * 2.5mm Nitrile (I will feedback when tested as fat lad down the engineering shop seemed a bit vauge as to what spec material they should be and was shaking like a shiteing dog with his verniers).

The issue I have now is that when I was checking the shocks over both compression damping knobs are stuck solid on 3.  Does anyone have any experience of this before I go battering them loose?  I don't really want to replace them with ohlins hagone etc. just want them to work.  Being that I am from Yorkshire its not really an option to send them away and get them looked at (I am saving up for a proper paint job seeing as the factory just primed mine  :grin:).

Hoping for a small part of your combined experience.

joejoe :drool:

Why didn't they topcoat my bike? K3 Primer

gsxbarmy

It might be worth taking each shock off, spraying with WD40 around said know and seeing if with a bit of persuasion they will release. The black knob does come off but is a bit of a pig, if you look very - and I mean very - around the edge carefully around where the knob joins the shock there is a very small pin which you need to knock out to get the knob off. You'll probably mulla the pin getting it out, some before have used a small drill upon re-assembly and then cut flush.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

VladTepes

I had the smae problem but am afraid that nothing I tried worked - ended up getting the shocks rebuilt.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

joejoe

Its the compression damping knob on the piggyback reservoir I am refering to. Think my ramblings may have been a bit unclear.

Joejoe
Why didn't they topcoat my bike? K3 Primer

gsxbarmy

Ah - in which case can't help, I don't have a fix for that. It may mean you have to get them stripped down.

Try talking to the guys at FTR suspension, they may be able to advise and/or help http://ftrsuspension.co.uk/

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

VladTepes

yeah joey one of mine was rooted. Sorted in the rebuild of course.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk