News:

Welcome GSX1400 enthusiasts !

Main Menu

Super Loud Horns

Started by grog, Thursday, 31 October 2019, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Same as Tony bought. They sound superb, very loud, easy fit. Very worthwhile addition to 14 i reckon. Let them mongrels know youre nearby. They even look good fitted. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Supertone-Dual-Car-Grille-Horn-Pair-12V-139dB-For-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-Evo-Z5M1/183728913515?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Tony Nitrous

I tried mine in the Clem-7 tunnel on the way home from work.

I frightened myself....  :rofl2:

grog

They sure are loud Tony. Nice tone but. Much easier than rooting around fitting under tank etc. How did the other one for ute go?

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 31 October  2019, 07:41 PM
They sure are loud Tony. Nice tone but. Much easier than rooting around fitting under tank etc. How did the other one for ute go?

Haven't fitted it yet.
Trying to focus more on my house reno.
Might run a seperate feed and a relay for that one.

VladTepes

Oh dear... now you've done it. I just hit buy now....  :rofl2:

Just a straight swap are they? No extra wiring or relays or anything?
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

Vlad, a bit bigger but straight on. I gave horns a good coat of car wax and brackets an extra coat of paint. Youll be impressed of sound.

grog

Vlad, did you ever get/ fit those horns?

VladTepes

Not yet mate just another item on my expanding to do list.

As I ended up with black and red ones (contrary to my order) I worry they ,may be too obvious, look shite but I will try 'em and see.
Otherwise I may need to repaint them.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

grog

Vlad, give them a coat of paint, they need it anyway. Noticed today surface rust on tiny screws that hold them together. Will pull mine of and paint. Good horns, sound excellent.

VladTepes

Quote from: grog on Friday, 03 January  2020, 05:44 PM
Noticed today surface rust on tiny screws that hold them together.

No doubt made of only the finest chinesium.

Could ber worse I got some highly expensive door hinge replacements for the defender, supposedly stainless steel (IIRC) and had them painted black.  Rust everywhere not sure if its from the allegedly stainless steel or the bolts that hold it all together.  Yet another job I need to do... 

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

GSX1400Convert

Superhorn?? Last time I woke up with one of those I tapped the Mrs on the shoulder  :smitten: .......... she wasn't as impressed as I was  :jack:             :facepalm:
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there's no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Kiwifruit

Gents....today l found a pair of Klaxon horns that l would like to put on the bike,
problem is they only have one spade terminal,  l guess they earth through the mounting. My question is am l able to wire them up and use them somehow ?
THEY ARE LOUD........I like  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Col, not really the right set up but can make them work. You could insulate the mounting bolt, solder earth wire onto end.

KiwiCol

I'm not sure why you'd want to insulate the mounting bolt as that's where it would normally earth. 

I'd be inclined to put a ring terminal on your earth wire, slip it onto the mounting bolt & do her up. It's possible you could even get away without the earth wire as the frame is all earthed anyway, but running an earth wire would be a better option.  IMO
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

I'm hopeless with electrics but know l could bugger things up. Know l needed to isolate the horb mount but didn't want them coming loose. Can make the horns go just by turning the key on otherwise   :confused1:
So decided to ring a friend whom l had forgotten about before posting..... an auto sparky !!
Now the tanks off, the seats off and l will soon have one lot of horn wires going to a relay, a fused feed from the battery to the relay and a wire from the relay to the horns. Will finish the job tomorrow. Then run the live feed from the orher horn to power the small LED running lights.  If all goes well.  Thanks guys....will keep you posted   :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk