News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Vlad's K7 GSX1400 "Back in Black"

Started by VladTepes, Friday, 20 January 2017, 10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladTepes

Oh I don't mean it adds up in $$$ (but you are right unless Mrs Vlad is reading this then umm where did you get THAT crazy idea!)  I was talking about just the amount of STUFF !
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

VladTepes

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Red Biker

I keep a spread sheet to record all costs. Big mistake!
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

VladTepes

Well I managed to get the rear wheel back into the 1400 (bastard of a job) and gave her a good wash.

[size=78%]

[/size]Prior to the clean the chain was CAKED in rubbish....I cleaned the chain with Kero and lubed it with some vmx80 (cheers @grog[size=78%]

[/size]Take my word for it, that is a minor miracle.Figured that the battery would be dead and I'd have to put it on the charger... nope. Gave it the electric boot and the starter kicked in nice and strong.  Sure it's got a miss or two but it has been lonely for 6 months....

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

lloydjames

Looks great.. Always had a thing for black and red bikes  :onya:

KiwiCol

Yep, looks good Mike. Take the girl out for a twirl, been a while.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

lil4399

It's amazing just what we end up "investing" in our toys.

Having just purchased mine (and not even got it home yet) I have already started a list of mods to be done but, apart from a service and any urgent jobs (like checking all brake and fuel lines) it will be a summer of riding and parts accumulation ready for winter. :smoke:
If you are going to run out of fuel, do it in your garage.

It's only a short walk to the kettle.

Red Biker

Yeah looks great Vlad, My wheels are away at the moment being coated 'Wizaed Red'  :onya:

Bit ironic that you have Angels on your wheels and the grim reaper on your tank  :devil:
Many a Donkey has lost its hoof on the rocky road, don't be that Donkey!

VladTepes

Not Angels mate - Michie PR4's

AAAAAARRGHHH - I was just about to take her for a run and it suddenly starts raining !!!!  Hasn't rained for a week or so at least, and not this heavy for a while.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

KiwiCol

That's a bugger Mike, oh well, back to lawnmower hunting.

There's a wee trick to this lawn mowing, get the Mrs to do it.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Andre

Quote from: lil4399 on Sunday, 28 January  2018, 05:39 AM
It's amazing just what we end up "investing" in our toys.

Having just purchased mine (and not even got it home yet) I have already started a list of mods to be done but, apart from a service and any urgent jobs (like checking all brake and fuel lines) it will be a summer of riding and parts accumulation ready for winter. :smoke:

I do keep the receipts but refuse to add 'em all up in order to avoid being put in a mental ward.

It's enough to have a list of most of the things to buy (including prices and where to buy) until season starts. Maybe I should start a list of banks to rob as well.  :cheers:

ARH

Andre... I like your sense of humour.... very 'un-German like '  :happy1:

Andre

Thanks  :) Them 'mericans thought so too. Often laughed there asses off.

I do not consider myself German. I do not like associating with Germans (of cause there are exceptions). For one of many things I dislike their lack (or type) of humor and the many fine examples of "stick-in-the-ass" people and their intrigant behavior. Certainly one can find that all over the world. Just as people with respected "German" qualities can be found everywhere. And I am sure I have some un-fine characteristics myself.

One  (and I have done so extensively over long periods in three countries) only has to observe how people in dire circumstances are treated by their fellows. These situations are great to see what men/women are made of. I like statistics. Putting my observations into statistical terms, there are certainly more outliers (in regards to what I consider acceptable behavior) in Germany as compared to the other 2 countries.

I had a severe culture shock when I came back to Germany after spending 20 years abroad. Took me many years to  learn to deal with it. My experiences have been mine and were limited to the places I have lived within these countries and the times I was there!!! Others may have very different  experiences in the varying countries and at different times. But mine are what they are.

ARH

Completely with you on that one Andre.... having been 'away' from the UK and lived in 4 different countries over the last 14 years has certainly brought me a new perspective as well!  Any time I'm home and talking to folks who have not had the opportunities to spend time overseas I quickly see they are at best colloquial, at worst just ignorant of the ways of the world.... not meant as a criticism of the many many good folks at home... just a personal observation.   I guess differences are what makes the world go around  :onya:

It's forums like this one make the world seem a much smaller place!  :cheers:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk