News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notty

Quote from: froudy on Wednesday, 31 July  2019, 04:53 PM
@Notty

That stands looks as good as when I fitted it to mine... Before I realised it was for yours :lol:
it actually looked better on yours Steve - you used a nice shiny nut I must change that - what size is it?  :)
@froudy
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

froudy

As you are a magpie @Notty and like shiny bling...These look even better :imrgreen:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GSF600-Bandit-1995-2000-TITANIUM-bike-stand-bolt-No-09111-10027/261765182709?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Cheaper option is to remove your pivot bolt..Polish it up and clearcoat it with colourless nail varnish :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

froudy

grog

Can the side stand be polished or needed to be chromed? Will polish mine if it can.

Snapey

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 31 July  2019, 09:04 PM
Can the side stand be polished or needed to be chromed? Will polish mine if it can.

It's steel Grog so plating is probably best although you can mirror polish steel & clear lacquer it like I did with the Katana brake pedal.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

grog

northern

New front tire - Michelin Road 5.
As usual, did it myself. Take me ~1.5 hours including rim cleaning (even from inside :) ) and balancing - I'm getting more experience.

One tip I want to share - using my new clamps http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=3020.msg59005#msg59005 , it was easy to break the tire bead.

Apparently - I wasn't the first one, who came up to this idea :)

froudy

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 31 July  2019, 09:04 PM

@grog

You can mirror polish and lacquer, but your boot will wear the lacquer off and it will rust.
Chroming is better, but it will wear off where the stand touches the ground when parked up..It unfortunately will also start rusting again. I chromed my Bandit stand so I know what happens. I tried sticking various pads to the bottom of it, but they come off :furious:
The photo is of my Bandit stand..It was chromed about 9 years ago, so not too bad really.

ouch

Quote from: DTTW on Monday, 29 July  2019, 01:56 PM
Quote from: ouch on Monday, 29 July  2019, 06:10 AM
Quote from: DTTW on Monday, 29 July  2019, 04:08 AM
@ouch how's that master cylinder working for you?

Sounds great! Which M/C is that, I'm also looking in upgrading?  :cheers:
It's one i found in a box in my shed  :lol: Its marked up as 19x20 , it was atteched to a pair of sixpots i think from 750 srad

Hooli

I took my rear wheel out today & checked the bearings as the tyre place said they felt a little rough last week when I got a puncture mid tour.
Yup they need replacing, they're just starting to feel dry. I might complain though, they've only lasted 18 years & 136k (miles).

I'll do the fronts as well, they must be due to do soon. Oh & a sprocket carrier bearing as that's rough too, but then those fail every few tanks of fuel!

Hooli

Rear brake rebuilt (but pads not in yet).
Rear wheel bearings done, the sprocket side one was still totally smooth.
Sprocket carrier bearing done.

I've stopped to eat now, I'll try to get more done tomorrow or do it all saturday.

Just front wheel bearings, front brakes & remember to buy some new fuel hose to go.

Andre

Cleaned the chain and thought while waiting for the kerosene to dry, I quickly change the GPS to my GPS-Special. "Damn is that screwed on tight." Then I saw red! A whole f...ing lot of RED... Loctite!!! The cretin who loctite this (and other items) must own some Henkel shares

Kiwifruit

Pleased to have cast my eye over the bike today  :facepalm:

Any of you blokes with racks mounting there please be aware.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Friday, 16 August  2019, 05:48 PM
Pleased to have cast my eye over the bike today  :facepalm:

Any of you blokes with racks mounting there please be aware.

Interesting that Colin as mine used to do that as well - but only on the RH shock. Fixed it by using a bit of blue loctite on the bolt.
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk