News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

Autosol I agree too.  Do my headers & collector with it, now that reminds me, should get out & tart them up a bit after I finish polishing the paint on the boat, maybe after the car as wellBikes are in good nick but the Merc is getting fairly tired. 

Blue Magic for the aluminium parts, come up like polished stainless.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

gsxbarmy

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 31 March  2020, 06:30 PM
Agree. Solvol Autosol been my main thing since a young un. Polish King Barmy, not sure he likes it. Has worked fine for me. All my 14 shiny bits done with it.

Haha, I do like it @grog but only use it under controlled conditions LOL
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Andre

Just got the delivery of more Autosol. One Aluminium, 1 Metal. A can of S100 "rejuvenator"  for the engine black as well :) Can't remember the English name for it. Here it's Farbauffrischer. :laugh:

V_i_c_i

Made 3D DWG drawings of engine breather for CNC milling cutter.  :drool:

Just need buy material and generate and check G code for milling machine. Next week it may be finished and mounted on bike.  :boogie2:

Alan Moreton

Hi every one.

Its typical isn't it.  This weekend we should have been off to a show, then a weeks holiday in Wales then another show at Easter.  The weather is gorgeous------- and we are stuck at home.  Having said that the possible alternative is far worse.

So - I have taken the opportunity, using Nikwax products,  to wash and reproof our textile suits.  They were spattered in mud after our little foray into the scenery Christmas time!

Boring job, but an ideal time to do them.  I can't see me getting out on any of my bikes in the near future.

Trouble was our 12 year old Bosch washing machine found it all a little too much, so its cost me a new machine!

Keep safe everyone.

Chip  :)
I have a 2003 GSX1400 owned since new (Blue and White of course).  I have a 1977 Suzuki GT380 cafĂ© racer and A Japanese import Yamaha XG250 Tricker.  I'm interested in anything mechanical.  Was an aircraft technician / inspector, but I took early retirement - because I could!

lawrie

Quote from: V_i_c_i on Saturday, 04 April  2020, 08:46 PM
Made 3D DWG drawings of engine breather for CNC milling cutter.  :drool:

Just need buy material and generate and check G code for milling machine. Next week it may be finished and mounted on bike.  :boogie2:

Ha Ha, I did an identical ( 2D) drawing 15 years ago for the old org. apparently someone had access  to a CNC mill & several were made.
I DO have to grow old, I DO NOT have to grow up.

Hooli

I remember those being made & I never saw the point then either.

V_i_c_i

I can share DWG drawings without problem if somebody wanted it. It is made for inbus screws. Heads are invisible and with this option is easier fit it in to bike (screw under airbox is no problem now).

mlivkovich

Quote from: V_i_c_i on Sunday, 05 April  2020, 03:54 AM
I can share DWG drawings without problem if somebody wanted it. It is made for inbus screws. Heads are invisible and with this option is easier fit it in to bike (screw under airbox is no problem now).

Is it possible to remove factory cover without removing airbox?

Will14

Pretty sure that it was Jay off the old ORG who had them made

V_i_c_i

Quote from: mlivkovich on Sunday, 05 April  2020, 05:51 AM
Quote from: V_i_c_i on Sunday, 05 April  2020, 03:54 AM

Is it possible to remove factory cover without removing airbox?

Yes it is possible with a little violence  :whistling:

Kiwifruit

Fitted new rear brake rotor and pads today. Hope to finish off my electrical jobs tomorrow.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Bonesy

Got my 14 out of storage.......made a list of what I need to do to get her on the road........Joined the .Org again :cheers:
pic of what she looked like and will be back to this again soon, Mik...aka....Bonesy

steve porter

As I have been using mine around town doing work drop offs and pickups, 400 km last week, I got to know it pretty well at slow speed and felt that possibly the chain was rooted as it was a bit snatchy at crawling speed,anyway on the weekend I had a good look at it and not only was it still in perfect adjustment from when I fitted a new tyre a couple of years ago there were no tight spots in the chain. I committed an unforgivable sin by doing two things instead of just one at a time, but in my defence it was pissing rain, so I blocked off the Pairs at the airbox with a plug in the hose and a bolt in the airbox and I refitted the baffle in the Yoshi muffler as my route takes me right through the centre of Melbourne and the less attention the better. Snatchyness gone and a noticeable torque increase were the results, feels almost electric in its power delivery, very happy with the result.

grog

Steve, perfect description of what it did to mine. Electric comparison so true. Not really wanting to say this, the worm can opens, after pairs i fitted Healtech ATRE, mainly for gear indicator, the advancer set up in it made mine even smoother. Biggest prob is every other bike i ride seems jerky in comparison.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk