Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSXKING

Quote from: Hooli on Friday, 24 February  2023, 03:48 AM
I had some unbelievable news today, guess what was recovered two days ago....

I've already started the process to get her back, looks like lock kit and a check over is all that's needed. But I'll make sure of that before I ride her.

She was found locally that's all I know. The recovery place told me, I've not heard off the police.

That's incredible news @Hooli I
bet you'd written it off 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Hopefully the repair bill won't mount up too much 🤞🤞🤞🧐
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Hooli

From what I know the repair bill is transporting her home and a lockset. Possibly a rear tyre as I think I can see burnout damage in one pic.

I agree it seems to have been kept inside, I'd love to know the story if I can find it out.

I'll keep you guys updated on progress, like you all I never expected this.

grog

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Paul Woodcock

Milts

Great news you got your bike back Hooli, and on the plus side looks like the thieving bastards even had the bloody cheek to clean it  :grin:

mlivkovich

After a month of waiting, forks and triple clamps finally came home from anodizing and painting :smitten:
Still waiting for passenger footrests and grab rail

Almost

Quote from: mlivkovich on Saturday, 25 February  2023, 06:22 AM
After a month of waiting, forks and triple clamps finally came home from anodizing and painting :smitten:
Still waiting for passenger footrests and grab rail
Looks great, can I ask what forks are they and how does it ride compared  to  stock?

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

KiwiCol

Looks good mate, but some b'stard appears to have nicked your muffler . . .  She'd be loud like that I bet.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

mlivkovich

Looks great, can I ask what forks are they and how does it ride compared  to  stock?
[/quote]

Those are TL1000S forks with custom made springs and 55mm extensions. Front end feels stiffer and more precise than original and it looks better IMO :cheers:

Yetiman

KiwiCol

@Yetiman , what size Delkevic can is that?  I have a 30cm on my Black K6 & it's way bigger than that, is yours 20cm?
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Mick_J

Found a 2" x 1/8" steel pin in my rear tyre, looked like half a brake pad retaining pin but All mine are still there.  So it's off with the wheel and out with a mushroom and some glue.  What a PITA.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Almost

After the rust removal treatment  there are lots of pinholes in the tank.
So, my question is, should I get it welded for £120  or buy a new one for £799?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk