News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric GSX1400K3

[/quote]
@Speedy1959 I have seen a lot worse, maybe worth trying to seal the rust in the bowl so it doesn't get any worse though. I'm not 100% but I think your stainless wire should wrap around the white clip which holds the pressure regulator in place  :whatever:
[/quote]
You're right Will14
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Speedy1959

I respectfully disagree!!
The wire is double wound around the metal of the fuel pressure regulator and then twisted enough until it started to pull the regulator in to the body of the pump..
I have done this before on my original "Sophie"..
The idea is that the wire has taken the "Strain" and the clips are more or less a cosmetic / Back up item..

I scraped the rust from the filter bowl as best as I could..
I am not too sure which rust proofer would be petrol proof ??
Its certainly a lot better than it was now !

grog

Speedy, think youre correct, wire just takes the job over. As your rusty bit, id just use some rust converter, leave it out in open a few days. Refit and forget, its far from bad.

Hooli

I'd prefer the wire over the white clip, so it re-enforces the original. Pulling the end of the regulator in like you have will twist it in it's mounting. Without the clip I'd expect a slight leak around the seal the regulator pushes into as it's not being held straight any longer.

Hooli

Oh @Speedy1959 did you add a cheap fuel filter in the pipe that runs from the back of the tank to the bowl under the pump? It's an idea @seth came up with & because the fuel is often forced down that hose as you accelerate (so the pump doesn't run dry at lower fuel levels, flow is towards the pump obviously) you'll see it catching rust & dirt before it gets to the teabag.

I'd suggest the smallest filter you can get for the size of the hose as there isn't a huge space for it once the tank is on. Oh & check the hose too, I had that one split with age a few years ago.

Notty

New MOT - no advisories  :) he did mention my bobbins were pulsing on the front brake test
14602 miles  :) that's average of 2000 miles a year since I have had the bike  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

GSXKING

Quote from: Notty on Thursday, 27 October  2022, 01:28 AM
New MOT - no advisories  :) he did mention my bobbins were pulsing on the front brake test
14602 miles  :) that's average of 2000 miles a year since I have had the bike  :)
What's the average over the life of the bike ? @Notty
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Roo

Put the Batt minder on the beast.
Wet for Sat and Sun here in the Horowhenua, but looks like Tues is on for a fang !!!!????   
:boogie: :clapping: :drool:

Notty

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 27 October  2022, 01:49 PM
ummm 800 Miles per year Chris - it was 11 years old when I bought it with 2000 miles on the clock and 11 service stamps !! :)
@GSXKING
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

Quote from: Notty on Thursday, 27 October  2022, 04:53 PM
Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 27 October  2022, 01:49 PM
ummm 800 Miles per year Chris - it was 11 years old when I bought it with 2000 miles on the clock and 11 service stamps !! :)
@GSXKING

Only slightly less than mine when I got it at 7 years old with 7,452miles on it

grog

Good onya Notty, 800 is far more than others without a 14 do, youre on a great bike, they miss out. BTW, your perfect hose kit , 5 or 6 days from your house, washers from Brisbane, 80ks, looks like 10 days. Not sure i could walk there and back in ten days, back would give up. So ridiculous, even got a tracking number. Just wait,our modern world is so good.  :thumbs_down:

Tony Nitrous

The bike's been gathering dust since it's "Running in" service. Only 465K's (288 miles) today, but it was nice to be back on a bike on such a beautiful day. 30 degrees C at the bottom of the range, 28 at home. Home by lunch time. 

grog

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 30 October  2022, 04:47 PM
Amazing fuel consumption, 57 mpg.

Yeah, I was quite surprised by the H2 SX SE and now the Gen-3 Busa. Both will drink heavily when used hard, but cruising, touring etc both were surprisingly good on fuel. I was concerned that both had smaller tanks than the 14 but they are both a lot better than I expected.

Kiwifruit

Today I enrolled in a track day next Thursday.
Promised the bike it could have a day turning lots of fossils into carbon...... even planted a little Maple to offset my carbon footprint  :rofl2:
Hope the weathers fine, can't wait  :boogie:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk