News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

Oh yeah! Just noticed that @KiwiCol , I've used my type before and they are quite bright, so a 355 should be very visible, Eric and I shall have to do a night brightness test , take a couple of photos, see if we can spot the difference.

Notty

Quote from: Tally on Friday, 07 October  2022, 04:27 AM
Oh yeah! Just noticed that @KiwiCol , I've used my type before and they are quite bright, so a 355 should be very visible, Eric and I shall have to do a night brightness test , take a couple of photos, see if we can spot the difference.
is that you show me yours and I will show you mine? - ahh skooldays  :rofl2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Tally

Oh! Sweet Caroline,  :boogie: how I remember her (game girl back of the bike sheds :boogie2:)

VladTepes

Quote from: Tally on Friday, 07 October  2022, 04:27 AM
Eric and I shall have to do a night brightness test , take a couple of photos, see if we can spot the difference.

Unless you have both bikes side by side in the same conditions/same camera - any comparison will be inaccurate.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Eric GSX1400K3

I will mount 1 new and leave 1 old and try to show the difference.  Correct, the new Stedi are 355 side emitting, I'm pretty sure the old ones I have are 315 older LEDs.

Got the new Stedi ones cheap as a mate bought them for his BMW R nine T, but then changed his mind as he didn't want to drill out his M8 mounting holes or cut the factory wiring and didn't get the adapter plugs.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

I like the look of the Stedi indicators. Not sure i like scrolling type. Any videos?

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: grog on Friday, 07 October  2022, 05:33 PM
I like the look of the Stedi indicators. Not sure i like scrolling type. Any videos?

The link I posted is to the Stedi website for these, they show a looping video there. They are the "waterfall" type you see on Audi  VW and Mercedes cars.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Thanks Eric, just saw. My chinese still all good but Stedi would be better quality, good price also. I really would like the black look GSXR type but stupid prices.

KiwiCol

Gave both bikes an Oil & Filter change yesterday.  Thought about riding them, then thought about washing them, nah, got on with draining / flush & refill coolant on Merc.  She'll be good for another 7 years - so the bottle says.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Stepdoug

Been busy day. Washed bike. Now nice and clean :boogie:
Also just fitted an led bulb. In the dark as you do.fitted upside down. Bit got it correct second attempt  :grin:
Also did the fuel tank mod . So range if I ever need it should be a little better.

VladTepes

I have them - on the rear - and I love the way they look.

Of course next time (assuming these inevitably break) I will just get some genuine OEM sports bike indicators with a clear lens - off a GSXR or something.

Many of the after market ones look 'cool' but after a lot of experimentation over the years, none of them is as bright and visible (important) as the larger factory indicators.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Speedy1959

I did the fuel pump / pressure regulater mod (stainless Weld wire)..
I also cleaned the teabag filter whilst I was at it..
Filter had more crud than I expected in it.. The bowl had sediment / rust flakes.
I dont think doing 50 miles in 5 years has done this bike any favours !

Hooli

Go careful @Speedy1959 the factory original petrol will run out if you use it that much!

Hooli

Yesterday not today, but anyway..

New tyres on my Hornet ready for winter. Turns out it had the wrong size rear on, a 160/60 not the correct 180/55. Stretching that onto a rim an inch wider than the tyre should be on explains why it was so easy to get to the edge of the tyre. I think oddly enough now the front tyre would run out before the back from looking at the chicken strips after the ride home.

Then I dropped the seat for it off at my mate Grizzley Adams to get recovered in something less slippy as it's like sitting on ice. Also asked him to pad it a bit & reduce how far it drops from the hump as if you're over 5ft you need to sit where the slope is to ride the bike.

In other bikey stuff, my HD ticked over 12k miles last weekend. It's not doing bad from new in March especially considering I didn't ride it for a month so I didn't need an extra service before taking it abroad.

Will14

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Thursday, 20 October  2022, 12:40 AM
I did the fuel pump / pressure regulater mod (stainless Weld wire)..
I also cleaned the teabag filter whilst I was at it..
Filter had more crud than I expected in it.. The bowl had sediment / rust flakes.
I dont think doing 50 miles in 5 years has done this bike any favours !

@Speedy1959 I have seen a lot worse, maybe worth trying to seal the rust in the bowl so it doesn't get any worse though. I'm not 100% but I think your stainless wire should wrap around the white clip which holds the pressure regulator in place  :whatever:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk