News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notty

Quote from: Speedy1959 on Tuesday, 06 September  2022, 09:29 PM
I forgot to mention I did this mod that some Puttz recommended agaes ago!!  :grin:

It seems to work well so there is just a chance he knew what he was on about (ish)..

https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=1790.0

S :hat:
I can get 45 Litres after doing your mod Simon - perhaps I shouldn't have drilled it in the bottom of the tank  ? :rofl2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Eric GSX1400K3

Fitted the newly arrived SSB lithium battery to the bike after testing it on the bench. 13.5v out of the box.

Bike started first press of the button.

Tried to post a picture, but got an error message that "path cannot be empty"

Went and checked the side path, there was definitely stuff there, so I dunno.   :whistling:
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Speedy1959

Ive had that same message..
In my case I reduced the size of the photo and it seemed to be happy with a Path that was now clear!!
Could be just coincidence and nothing to do with Photo sizes to be attached.

S.

KiwiCol

Just had a look at this no path issue.  Yes it's the same for me, pic at 2.18mb & still won't upload (path empty message) says file size ok to 4.77mb, but obviously that's not the case.   I then shrunk the file to 364kb & it uploaded no problem. 
I'm pretty sure this has happened in the past, where it says we can upload a file size to 4.77mb when it actually restricts us down to below 2mb.  I'll go look behind the scenes as I've found the inconsistency once before.

test upload

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

KiwiCol

This oughta help guys, 

Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, gpx, itn, jpeg, xls, xlsx, docx, djm
Restrictions: 10 per post, maximum total size 2048KB, maximum individual size 1024KB

So we keep it at / under 1gb per pic, with a max of 2gb per post.

If you have small size pic's you can get up to 10 per post as long as they stay under the 2gb post limit.

All good?   I'd say the boss is keeping it down a bit before the migration to the new site & hosting costs for space etc.

Right, back to boat pre-season checking over etc.

Tony Nitrous

Took the Busa in to town.  Pics are the pub on the way home.

Turned the "Hill Hold" function to OFF. It's not something I feel I really benefit from and the Suzuki version isn't great. On my Hilux it's excellent, as soon as you start to load up the drivetrain to move it very discreetly let's go. The Suzuki version works but as you pull away you feel it load up a fair bit until it releases, almost as if you're holding the back brake on for a second. Not a big deal, just something I'd rather not happen so OFF it is.

Being silly / lazy I cruised through a school zone at 60kph this morning, 6th gear, only 2,000rpm showing. Back into the 100 zone I thought... "I wonder?" and gave it full throttle (6th gear / 2000rpm) it still pulled reasonably well, very smooth and didn't hang around.  Sound familiar ?

Back to working at home now. Only 1,100K's so far. I really need to get out more.

grog

Now wotked out where new Home is Tony. Hill hold on Hilux a great feature. Kawa you had, parked at lights on Sunday, bloke on one of them, tried to go around bend beside us, concrete barrier that side. Never seen a bike stop so quick, mm b4 barrier. Something went wrong, couldnt get it to start again, bike just shut down. Think it was scared, i wouldve been.

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 13 September  2022, 06:36 PM
Now wotked out where new Home is Tony. Hill hold on Hilux a great feature. Kawa you had, parked at lights on Sunday, bloke on one of them, tried to go around bend beside us, concrete barrier that side. Never seen a bike stop so quick, mm b4 barrier. Something went wrong, couldnt get it to start again, bike just shut down. Think it was scared, i wouldve been.

Two of my mates had trouble with them starting, theirs was a side effect of the motor eating number 3 piston... :grin:

Not sure where mine is now. It was at Bowen Hills Kawasaki, then at Team Moto Virginia.  I think it's still wearing its H2 SX 1 number plate.  If anyone see's the New owner I still have the huge C spanner I bought from the UK to do the chain adjustment.

Kawasaki's answer to chain adjustment was "Refer to dealer" !

Hooli

I washed my tractor after getting back from two n half weeks touring Europe, I left frogland this morning and rode the 240miles home after the ferry ride. Got home about 4:30pm.. I'll put some pics, stories etc up if you lot can stomach a ditchpump in the pics?

Oh and then I got the Hornet out to go to a local bike night. There's good food there and I wasn't bothering to cook tonight.

Tony Nitrous

Started the 14, it was a bit lazy so I put the trickle charger on it.
Did the tyre pressure.
Lubed the chain.

It has a 101 jobs that need doing, but I might take it out for a spin soon.

Stevel3

Top Sellerie seat, good quality but I got the low version and they also moved the seating position forward as well. I thought it was the same as standard unless you asked for it to be different. Anyway not happy with it and will either on sell it or get it modified by a local trimer.

KiwiCol

My bike has been sitting for a while because of the move, so thought I'd take her out for a run yesterday afternoon. Filled up & was having a nice ride down the coast road towards Greymouth, some very nice corners along here.  Anyway, about 50k's in, I felt a funny gear change with my boot, like I'd snapped the lever off.  Looked down when I could & the shift lever had come off the shaft & was just hanging down! 

Great, (or something else entirely) I'm thinking, I'm in 6th & can't change gear.  So rode on for a bit thinking it through before stopping & possibly being stuck in 6th. 
For some reason the circlip had broken / come out of the recess & fallen off. lost the washer too.  I pulled over on a straight that had a bit of runoff, held the clutch in & glided to a stop.  Still sitting on the bike & holding the clutch in (motor going) I managed to reach down & put the shift lever assembly back on the pivot & pushed it down using the same hand & she down shifted!  Great.  Selected 1st & was mobile again. Did a U turn & went home as no point in riding like that. I had to hold it on to the shaft with my foot continually tapping it back every few seconds.

Got home alright, albeit with a lot less gear changes than normal.  So new circlip & washer & I'll be set again.   Meantime I pinched those bits off the other 1400 in the garage to see exactly what I'd lost & what size I need.  I'll get a couple of each & put 1 set as a spare under the seat with the other stuff.  Probably never have it happen again, but it could of happened a lot further from home & I'd be really stuck / compromised for riding.

Think I'll take the Quad out today, that hasn't had a blast in ages either.

GSXKING

Good work @KiwiCol a cool head saved you. You will probably never experience it again.  :onya: :onya:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Speedy1959

I had exactly the same thing happen on the original Sophie..
In my case I had errrr removed the lever to grease the pivot shaft (as you do) and failed to put it back with the circlip fully engaged properly..
A local car accessory shop had a selection of circlips so I managed to bodge it till I got the propper one (and washer) from my Suzuki parts supplier.
I remember doing exactly the same technique of riding with my foot keeping the lever in place.
Nice one Col.   :)

black14

I've also had this happen - and not just on the 1400 but also on a 1977 Honda 400/4. The "get me home" bodge for the latter was several rubber bands wrapped around the shift lever and the footpeg mount. Worked a treat!  :hat:
I plan on living forever - so far, so good!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk