News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeykey

@T250 did the chain and sprockets too! DID ZVMX GG and JT sprockets, but did a removal /installation of the swing arm for overhaul so installed an endless chain, super easy and no need for riveting. Guess I´ll always go for an endless and re-lube the arm.

T250

I agree with an endless chain if you've got the arm out, I have a heavy duty tool for the link, it's not actually riveting, more of a push fit  :onya:

Quote from: Jeykey on Sunday, 07 August  2022, 12:41 AM
@T250 did the chain and sprockets too! DID ZVMX GG and JT sprockets, but did a removal /installation of the swing arm for overhaul so installed an endless chain, super easy and no need for riveting. Guess I´ll always go for an endless and re-lube the arm.

Tony Nitrous

Still unpacking, finding more stuff I'd forgotten about, still can't find the stuff I'm looking for. Slowly getting a bit more organised. 

KiwiCol

An absolute Aladdins Cave, & it's not even unpacked yet!!!! :onya: :clapping:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Tony Nitrous

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 09 August  2022, 05:03 PM
An absolute Aladdins Cave, & it's not even unpacked yet!!!! :onya: :clapping:

Thanks. Eventually I'd like to break / part out a few bikes. I have a post office in a town near by and my wife or I get to Brisbane about once a week or every second week.

I have to space to store stuff, a ute and hopefully some spare time in the future. Strictly on the same theme as I now have, only 16v, chain drive, inline-4 Suzuki's.

Not sure if it'll happen but I like the idea.

Eric GSX1400K3

Update on the C28 FI code (or lack thereof) took the 1400 out for a blast on the freeway the other night, this is after cleaning and reseating the connector into the STVA. 

No occurrence of the FI light and subsequent error code,
I  wasn't gentle on the throttle either, which had previously caused the FI light to come on (I.e. rapid throttle application would trigger the fault code), so for now I think this issue is sorted for me. Thx again @Hooli for the tip to check and clean the contacts there.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Hooli

Glad to hear it Eric. I tweaked my SPS again Saturday, having recalled I'd set it wrong to see what happened a while ago. I appear to have cured mine too, time will tell as it used to appear over 97mph & I've not wound it on that far yet...

I just need to turn the fast idle screw up a bit as it's not working when cold, that's my fault as I had to take the mech apart to unseize it when I had the TBs off. The manual says 'do not adjust this is factory set' and I stupidly didn't take note of how it was set before pulling it apart.

Hooli

To update that, I've moved the fast idle screw half a turn. I'll find out if it works Weds when I next use the bike, I expect I'll have to pop the tank off a few times & tweak it, but that's life.

Yetiman

Installed some new bolt on's from CNCBikebits-UK.. They have them in anodized colors too. Anyone else got some items off them..?

KiwiCol

Very chunky / brutish Yetiman.  You'll have to change to Thug yolks next as the rounded originals don't really go with the new add-ons.  A very tidy, well looked after bike mate.  :onya: :clapping:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Slimwich

Started stripping it down to get it looking better, wish I could say like new but I don't have the money/expertise for that

GSXKING

Nothing 😢😢😢 lucky Ive got a battery minder on it I hope to get it out this Saturday 🤞🤞🤞
Nearly end of winter here 6deg at 4am, 25 deg by midday
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Hooli

Quote from: Yetiman on Thursday, 18 August  2022, 01:32 PM
Installed some new bolt on's from CNCBikebits-UK.. They have them in anodized colors too. Anyone else got some items off them..?

I know a lass with the same reservoir covers & many other knuckle duster things on hers. I'd best not tell her the risers exist or she'll want them too.

grog

All good you doing your thing :hat:Just me only, dont like the bit hanging off motor. No offence meant. Ive always thought 14 motor most beautiful made, no extras needed. What you like, your choice,Go for it Mate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk