News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blubber

Quote from: seth on Thursday, 21 July  2022, 06:26 AM
Tonight swopped both wheels(new tyres on them ), fitted a chain and sprocket kit and sprocket carrier bearing .
That's both bikes fully serviced (including teabags cleaned)and ready for Europe  :cheers:

Enjoy  :boogie:
I am away on holiday so you i wont throw any shade on you guys when in Ijmuiden  :whistling:
Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Hooli

After a hundred or so miles today to Leeds & back plus a few diversions I found my 14 getting very twitchy on bends etc. The roads where wet but they had been all day so no reason for it...

Got home, parked on the drive, walked inside to take my lid & jacket off. Came back out to this, the sump is cracked as far as I can see. No idea why, as I didn't hit anything & it seems to be leaking from above the RH exhaust pipes so no somewhere it could get hit anyway.

I might pull it apart and investigate tomorrow.

KiwiCol

Hmmm, that doesn't look good Hooli.  Those sumps are a bastard to weld too & replacement ones, well, they only require 1 leg & half an arm, so an option there I suppose.  :confused1:

So, wonder why is was getting loose in the corners then?  has the back wheel nut come loose or the tire delaminating at high temps maybe?  :whistling:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Kiwifruit

Hooli I hope you haven't mentioned buying a British bike within earshot of the 14......it may have thought "I can behave like one of those"
:stir:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Hooli on Saturday, 23 July  2022, 02:19 AM
After a hundred or so miles today to Leeds & back plus a few diversions I found my 14 getting very twitchy on bends etc. The roads where wet but they had been all day so no reason for it...

Got home, parked on the drive, walked inside to take my lid & jacket off. Came back out to this, the sump is cracked as far as I can see. No idea why, as I didn't hit anything & it seems to be leaking from above the RH exhaust pipes so no somewhere it could get hit anyway.

Reckon the leak was minor and you were getting oil on the rear wheel making it twitchy.  Shame to see your 14 with that issue mate.  Let us know how you get on, will keep an eye out for parts.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Tony Nitrous

steve porter

What a bastard, bloody oil pickup tube is designed to be fitted with the motor upside down and therefore a prick to position from memory

Hooli

Cheers chaps, I plan to pull it apart later today and find out exactly what's wrong. Would be nice to find a reason for it too.

grog

From memory think Vlad and KiwiCol have done the new sump fit?

KiwiCol

Yeah, we have.  Easy enough, just take your time. There's a trick with that pick up tube, n when I recall what I did Ill post it. Think it involved pinching it in place, sorta.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Notty

Quote from: steve porter on Saturday, 23 July  2022, 12:30 PM

What a bastard, bloody oil pickup tube is designed to be fitted with the motor upside down and therefore a prick to position from memory
engine the right way up over here then ?  :rofl2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Eric GSX1400K3

engine the right way up over here then ?  :rofl2:
[/quote]

Nope, our oil flows the opposite way due to the Coriolis Effect
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk