News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric GSX1400K3

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

I like adjuster and axle nut. Problem is im not paying $80 for a nut. Been thru this b4, no sim size nut at bolt shop.

paulr5604

Well after I adjusted the TPS and STP it was better but below 2.5k revs it was still hesitant. Tonight I took the fuel pump out and cleaned it the tea bag filter, pressure relief valve and high pressure filter as per the quite on here. I haven't taken it for a ride yet that will have to wait until Sunday but when I started it the bike sounded better and seemed to have a sharper throttle response. Hopefully this will have solved my issue. If it doesn't then I assume it is the injectors that need cleaning.

GSXKING

I went for a quick ride last night & completely miss timed the gap between the showers on out BOM radar & got hit by a torrential downpour 😳😳
I couldn't have gotten wetter if I'd stepped in to the shower 🚿
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Mick_J

Quote from: paulr5604 on Saturday, 07 May  2022, 05:09 AM
Well after I adjusted the TPS and STP it was better but below 2.5k revs it was still hesitant. Tonight I took the fuel pump out and cleaned it the tea bag filter, pressure relief valve and high pressure filter as per the quite on here. I haven't taken it for a ride yet that will have to wait until Sunday but when I started it the bike sounded better and seemed to have a sharper throttle response. Hopefully this will have solved my issue. If it doesn't then I assume it is the injectors that need cleaning.

Did you wire the pressure relief vale in place before fitting the pump?  For some reason the pump does not like to be stripped down.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

paulr5604

Quote from: mjgt on Saturday, 07 May  2022, 07:17 PM
Quote from: paulr5604 on Saturday, 07 May  2022, 05:09 AM

Did you wire the pressure relief vale in place before fitting the pump?  For some reason the pump does not like to be stripped down.

No I didn't but the white lasting clip that goes round it clicked back in place firmly. Is it worth me taking the tank off again before going out for a ride tomorrow.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

paulr5604

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 08 May  2022, 10:19 AM
Those clips tend to break after being 'undone.'    Have a read of the below link

https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=1610.0

Thanks I will be securing it in place before I go out I don't have any stainless wire so will have to use plastic cable tie but will get some wire ordered and when it arrives will replace the cable tie

seth

@paulr5604 don't use a plastic cable tie as the petrol can melt them .
Just wait till you get some stainless wire .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

paulr5604

Quote from: seth on Sunday, 08 May  2022, 09:19 PM

Thanks.

I didn't see this before putting a plastic cable tie round it I will order some today and get it replaced asap

paulr5604

Just found some wire in my shed. Not 100% if it is stainless or not some of it has been used in my garden for plants to grow up for the last 2 years and it isn't rusty. Is it same to assume that this is stainless.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: paulr5604 on Monday, 09 May  2022, 12:13 AM
Just found some wire in my shed. Not 100% if it is stainless or not some of it has been used in my garden for plants to grow up for the last 2 years and it isn't rusty. Is it same to assume that this is stainless.
probably galvanised, so the petrol may react with this too. Stainless is best
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

paulr5604

Stainless steel locking wire ordered arriving tomorrow so that is tomorrow nights job  :lol:

Hooli

Quote from: seth on Sunday, 08 May  2022, 09:19 PM

For once I'll disagree with Seth.

Mine's had a plastic cable tie for years & it's never melted.

seth

@Hooli I was just remembering a problem someone had in the past .
I guess cable ties can be made from different kinds of plastics .
I've never brought a pack of them in my life so I can't tell you what's in mine but work provides them when I need any lol .
That said I've never stripped my pump down that far .
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk