News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Happy Burfday Roo, hope it's a goodie.
Enjoy your ride tomorrow  :cheers:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

grog

Did nothing to my bike today. wiped it all over with spray wax, thats all. Return trip to work is 40k, took the long way, 80. Next job is chain lube, re oil KN filter, Riding nice so no other adjustments needed. If its not broken, dont mess with it.  :) :)

MarkN

Mine's gone in for new fork seals. Unfortunately I'm not as mechanically aptituded as a lot of you guys. Got to wait for the bill now. Off to Austria via France and Germany later in the year so has to be right! 

Hooli

Hope they are fitting genuine, pattern ones never last in my experience.

MarkN

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 13 April  2022, 04:03 AM
Hope they are fitting genuine, pattern ones never last in my experience

Yes they are :onya: As I'm 14less I decided to tinker with my old Bandit, not a euphemism, and discovered a nail in the back tyre. There's always something :frustrated: So I went to the fridge and had a beer

paulr5604

Well thanks to the excellent guides on this website I have replaced the 19 year old vacuum pipes and adjusted the TPS and STP back within speck. The bike was hesitant in the low revs and this seems to have fixed the issue. Going out in a bit for a good ride and will see if it has definitely solved the issue

BbigMmac

Mounted a 43T rear sprocket and a big ass exhaust. Dutch gouverment has started a campagne against load pipes, huge fines and even sometimes loss of registration papers. Do miss the nice sound though  :cry2:

paulr5604

@BbigMmac bike still looks great with that exhaust. Does the clamp down on load exhausts also include people visiting your country.

seth

@paulr5604 didn't bother us when we were over at Easter a couple of weeks ago.
Just don't go mad in the town's and all will be fine . :cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

BbigMmac

Quote from: paulr5604 on Sunday, 01 May  2022, 03:43 AM
@BbigMmac bike still looks great with that exhaust. Does the clamp down on load exhausts also include people visiting your country.

Thanks for the compliment Paul. It's mostly like what Seth mentions, if you drive normally then there is not a big issue but they often check bikes in the weekend, around events or near populair places and along the coast. Other exhaust was kind of loud so didn't want to take any chances.

grog

Beautiful detail on yor bike Mate, perfect condition. Sprocket looks good, bet it accelerates now. I was thinking going other way next chain change, 19 on front.

paulr5604

Quote from: seth on Sunday, 01 May  2022, 03:52 AM
@paulr5604 didn't bother us when we were over at Easter a couple of weeks ago.
Just don't go mad in the town's and all will be fine . :cheers:

Thanks

Quote from: BbigMmac on Sunday, 01 May  2022, 03:44 PM
Quote from: paulr5604 on Sunday, 01 May  2022, 03:43 AM

Thanks for the compliment Paul. It's mostly like what Seth mentions, if you drive normally then there is not a big issue but they often check bikes in the weekend, around events or near populair places and along the coast. Other exhaust was kind of loud so didn't want to take any chances.

My mums family is Dutch and I plan on doing a trip to Holland at some point. Plenty of happy memories of holidays in Holland as a child

BbigMmac

Plenty nice things to see if the weather is good. Unfortunately lots of speed restrictions, places where you are not allowed to overtake en some beautifull roads that are shut down for motorcycles in the weekend. Fuel is extreme over here also.....€2.12 per liter.

BbigMmac

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 01 May  2022, 05:26 PM
Beautiful detail on yor bike Mate, perfect condition. Sprocket looks good, bet it accelerates now. I was thinking going other way next chain change, 19 on front.
Thanks for the compliment. Yes accelerates nicely, even beter in the higher revs. Front wheel gets a little lite in first and second. Why 19 in the front?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk