News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Notty

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 21 March  2022, 07:41 AM
Much much much better! It's LED and you can see where you're going.
you need a good headlight as you only go out at night so your neighbours don't know you ride a Harley  :rofl2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

grog

When he gets his new pipes Notty, theyll know what it is. I sure do, they drive us crazy. Such a bad noise/sound. Yep, Hooli, they have to be revved to maximum in every gear, thats how they ride them here.  :)

Hooli

Quote from: Notty on Monday, 21 March  2022, 06:20 PM
Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 21 March  2022, 07:41 AM
Much much much better! It's LED and you can see where you're going.
you need a good headlight as you only go out at night so your neighbours don't know you ride a Harley  :rofl2:

Nah it's all good there, Andy next door has a full custom chop on air ride etc etc. His lad Rick is an ex-HD master tech, ran his own custom business for ages and now works for a local custom place.

I think their plough will fit my PTO...

Mick_J

When it comes to noise I think a Harley has the best sound of ANY bike, closely followed by a Ducati.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

Ducatis would sound better if the clutch wasn't falling off. They sound like a skeleton wanking in a biscuit tin  :lol:

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: mjgt on Monday, 21 March  2022, 08:23 PM
When it comes to noise I think a Harley has the best sound of ANY bike, closely followed by a Ducati.
Ooh, I feel a new thread coming on....
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KiwiCol

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 21 March  2022, 08:32 PM
Ducatis would sound better if the clutch wasn't falling off. They sound like a skeleton wanking in a biscuit tin  :lol:

LOL!!    How the hell do you know what "like a skeleton wanking in a biscuit tin" sounds like Hooli?   :rofl2: :clapping:  Awesome analogy if I ever read one, dunno how accurate though . .
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Kiwifruit

Very good Hooli  :rofl2:
They come past home, sound OK till they sit them on the rev limiter for way too long  :facepalm:

Hooli

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 22 March  2022, 02:33 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 21 March  2022, 08:32 PM

LOL!!    How the hell do you know what "like a skeleton wanking in a biscuit tin" sounds like Hooli?   :rofl2: :clapping:  Awesome analogy if I ever read one, dunno how accurate though . .

Sorry but I can't reveal my sources  :lol:

KiwiCol

I put a new front tire on today,(Michy Road 5)  fitted a new metal right angle valve at the same time & balanced her up.  All went back together as you'd hope for. No issues at all. Gee she rides sweet with a new front on her, really couldn't remember how much better new rubber feels, but there ya go.   Happy chap, now to get her out for a run.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Eric GSX1400K3

Tub and polish for tomorrow's run to York for the classic  bike show. Adjusted suspension first and rear, preload backed off to 5 rings showing at the front, compression set to 6 clicks out from fully in, rebound set to 7 clicks.  Rear preload upped to 4.5 rings showing as I will have a pillion passenger, preload and compression both set to "2".

Should be a good day
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Kiwifruit

Roo

Nice to get a little E mail today for my burfday !!!   73  ! who woulda thought ??!!

Planning a ride tomoro cos I missed last week.... Tyre pressures done and cigars ready  xxxxxxx   G

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk