News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapey

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Thursday, 10 March  2022, 07:01 PM
Whatever happened to those old khaki army surplus sachels Snapey.
Speaking of army surplus, another mate had an army greatcoat.

Remember them well Col although I never owned a great coat. When I first started riding I used to borrow my fathers full length leather coat. That thing was so heavy that it made a great coat feel like a lightweight summer jacket.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Irish in Oz

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 10 March  2022, 06:12 AM
I bet he's having fun though  :boogie2:

A mate of mine has taken up riding in that King of the Baggers, there's got to be an easier way to make money.

GSXKING

I'm fascinated that they call them "baggers". It could only be compared by the fact they have bags/panniers bolted to them and even those are made of single layer carbon fibre. I watched a bit of the racing and I'd say it's a bit of a pissing competition between Indian and Hardley Davidson  :jack: :jack: :jack:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Big Geordi

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 08 March  2022, 04:11 AM
To keep off topic for the 14 forum. The ugly but thankfully quick release fairing came off yesterday as did the boxes. Makes it look quite different. There's a bit more wind blast but nothing back & as the fairing is so ugly it'll be going in the loft & never seen again.

I even washed her tonight to get the salt off before it does damage, must be the novelty of a new bike. Pics are pre-wash though.

Oh, V&H have now released a fuelpak for these. So once I can get a UK price for them I'll have to order one so I can map it up to fit the new can that's already on it's way.

Wow Hooli a New bike,its a Hardly and your washing it  ;) :onya: 

Eric GSX1400K3

Its not the same Hooli we all know...Next thing he'll be waxing the tank and polishing chrome...
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

I do wash my 14 you know, but as it spent over a decade riding to work in salt everyday it was a losing batter. Besides it's clean on the inside...

The trouble with cleaning bikes is there's always more to do. That Hornet I've got was a nice tatty bike idea as a winter she'd when I rode it home. It wasn't mine then and the lass who owned it likes clean bikes so I washed the salt from the ride home off for her. Then waxed it which made the engine look tatty so that got washed, then had to take the wheels out to sort them, then the exhaust needed polishing... I could have done a few hundred mile by the time I was done

grog

Last week huge storm. Today i cleaned out shed, water damage, leaves etc. How it gets passed door, have no clue. Bike covered, all cleaned, it was under covers but shit got on it. Now back to perfect., Terrible weather for at least last 3 months. The wind buffeting, im guessing 300 kph, rolled my helmet side to side, now has lots of paint marks from wall where it hangs on its hook. 

Irish in Oz

Quote from: GSXKING on Friday, 11 March  2022, 10:35 AM
I'm fascinated that they call them "baggers". It could only be compared by the fact they have bags/panniers bolted to them and even those are made of single layer carbon fibre. I watched a bit of the racing and I'd say it's a bit of a pissing competition between Indian and Hardley Davidson  :jack: :jack: :jack:

Old mate cleaned up on the baggers at Daytona.

GSXKING

Quote from: Irish in Oz on Sunday, 13 March  2022, 11:20 AM
Quote from: GSXKING on Friday, 11 March  2022, 10:35 AM

Old mate cleaned up on the baggers at Daytona.

Who is "Old Mate" and are there any pics ? :facepalm:
Chris

Irish in Oz

GSXKING

Chris

Hooli

I took my 14 for 155ish miles around the Peak District today & didn't take a single pic. It needed a run as the clutch was being a sod after the oil change the other week. Parking it in the garage & ignoring it seems it have cured it slipping under load, I'm not letting her get needy in her old age  :lol: It's strange though, after driving the tractor my 14 feels really light, small & narrow, the Hornet will feel really silly as that feels like a BMX compared to the 14 anyway.

Then when I got home I washed her! Even used the snow foam I bought for the tractor, that's two bikes washed in two days. I feel ill, thank gawd the Hornet is still filthy to help me feel normal.

Still that's her ready for the Scottish meet next month.

Eric GSX1400K3

Cleaned out the teabag and did the hard reset,  charged and cleaned the battery terminals as well.  Bike started first press.  Less whine than before, tea bag was black.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Kiwifruit

@Hooli
What is the Harley headlamp like compared to the 14's ?
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

Much much much better! It's LED and you can see where you're going.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk