News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr5604

I have disabled the indicators that are integrated into the tail light and installed 4 new indicators to get it through the MOT retest. There was also an advisory on binding front brakes so stripped the callipers down and removed the pistons and seals and there is a bit of a build up behind the seals so that was obviously the reason for the binding. So tomorrow nights job will be to give them a proper clean up and the reassemble and install and bleed again.

Hooli

Quote from: paulr5604 on Monday, 07 March  2022, 05:52 AM
I have disabled the indicators that are integrated into the tail light and installed 4 new indicators to get it through the MOT retest. There was also an advisory on binding front brakes so stripped the callipers down and removed the pistons and seals and there is a bit of a build up behind the seals so that was obviously the reason for the binding. So tomorrow nights job will be to give them a proper clean up and the reassemble and install and bleed again.

They all do that sir.... Cleaning the calipers out is a regular thing on 14s that get wet or dirty. it's the high quality cheese they use to make the calipers, it goes rotten into white dust as you've seen.

Hooli

Out again today on it, it's over four hundred miles now. So nearly a seven hundred mile weekend for me, not bad for this time of year.

Whoever said about demented budgie, or screaming eagle as some call it. Nope, it's getting a Cobra can then either an ECU flash to remove the second O2 sensor that's in the can, or a fuelpak3 when they are released. Apart from that all it'll get is a sissybar rack thing to tie the tent too for rallies.

paulr5604

Thanks for the reply @Hooli I think going forward I will obviously add it to my regular checks to put it on paddock stands and turn the wheel and check for any binding.

Hooli

I normally strip my calipers down once a year or so & clean them out, but then my 14 is normally out all winter and covered in crud so it suffers more than most. Oddly the rears hardly ever suffer it compared to the fronts.

Hooli

To keep off topic for the 14 forum. The ugly but thankfully quick release fairing came off yesterday as did the boxes. Makes it look quite different. There's a bit more wind blast but nothing back & as the fairing is so ugly it'll be going in the loft & never seen again.

I even washed her tonight to get the salt off before it does damage, must be the novelty of a new bike. Pics are pre-wash though.

Oh, V&H have now released a fuelpak for these. So once I can get a UK price for them I'll have to order one so I can map it up to fit the new can that's already on it's way.

paulr5604

Hooli

Thanks. My 14 is going to feel tiny after the Harley.

grog

Exactly Hooli, 2 weeks on Rocket, first ride on 14, it felt tiny. Must feel opposite for people coming up from small bikes. Forward controls also take getting used to, mustve lifted thin air a million times to change gears.

Hooli

I hope one day to stop looking down to see where the pegs are.

It's be even funnier going HD to Hornet or the other way, that feels like a BMX compared to my 14.

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Globalrider

Yeah! but he's only doing 30 mph! He needs to hang that far off it to get it around the corners! and the film was at 4X. :grin:
I need to go somewhere I've not been but won't know until I get there!

Hooli

Snapey

I removed the eyesore that Ventura call a rack. I just need to get off my arse & make a replacement now.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Kiwifruit

Whatever happened to those old khaki army surplus sachels Snapey. They were excellent, long shoulder strap so they sat nicely on the seat behind or infront. Mate used to take his kitten everywhere in it. ('Acid' grew into quite a big cat)
Speaking of army surplus, another mate had an army greatcoat. One night we were heading away and after a while we could smell burning but couldn't figure out what it was. The greatcoat was smoldering nicely. In the dark you could see a nice orange ring. It had been over the end of the exhaust on the old Kwaka F11 for over an hour.
We are quite spoiled with all the kit we can get these days. Back then a visor didn't last a month before it as hard to see through.  :onya:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk