Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nic

I had a Triumph sprint RS a few years back, pretty good bike but FA power.

Eric GSX1400K3

Nearly bought a GT late last year, nice bikes, but simply too small for me ergonomically speaking.  The BMW K1300GT  suits me better for long haul cruising.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 22 February  2022, 04:16 AMThat should mean near 170 miles before reserve, which is right back to how good it was 150k ago fresh from Grumpy's dyno.

I wasn't far off, I had to use it for work today & 166miles before it spent as much time showing reserve as 2 bars.

lil4399

Winter projects well underway.

Braided hoses fitted front & rear.

Hagon rear shock fitted.

Calipers renovated, painted casings, 2000 wet & dry the pistons, new seals from All Balls Racing.

first fork stripped. In the "suspension" pages I read about changing the bushes in the forks after 100k miles. My bike has done 55k Kms but I thought, as I'm changing the seals & Hagon Progressive springs I would do the bushes. Glad I did, the top bushes are really worn.

Making a "fork tool" was fun ..... Let's see if it works.

One point: disassembly - an impact driver took the bottom bolt out of the fork.

Polished the stantion on the polishing wheel after 2000 grit wet & dry. Polished the fork leg then drooped it against the vice when putting it back on the bench.  :doh:. Nice ding...

Start rebuilding the fork tomorrow.
If you are going to run out of fuel, do it in your garage.

It's only a short walk to the kettle.

Hooli

I'm down visiting family and used the 14 to get here, which proved I've finally fixed it's drinking problem  :boogie: 48.5mpg ridden the way I normally ride is equal to the best it ever used to do. That was 195miles to reserve without hanging about too much. I'll settle for that off a big old bus like these, especially one with slightly higher than average mileage.

I'll spoil it with the oil change that's due and a pair of tyres it also needs next month.

Eric GSX1400K3

:hat: good stuff Mr.Hooli, so definitely TPS issue then.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Sunday, 27 February  2022, 09:54 PM
:hat:good stuff Mr.Hooli, so definitely TPS issue then.

That was the final bit yeah. But a dodgy oil temp sensor and manky earths played a part too.

At least I know for next time, if I remember.

VladTepes

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 28 February  2022, 03:09 AM
At least I know for next time, if I remember.

and that, right  there, is why the ORG is so much better than faceache :)
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Snapey

I made a paddock stand but with multi directional wheels to make life easier to park in a small space. It could be a large space except there's nowhere to park the yellow thing.
If you look like your passport photo then you're too sick to travel.

Eric GSX1400K3

:coffeescreen:
Quote from: Snapey on Tuesday, 01 March  2022, 02:29 PM
I made a paddock stand but with multi directional wheels to make life easier to park in a small space. It could be a large space except there's nowhere to park the yellow thing.

You'd have more room if you took the left hand bazooka off.

grog

Brilliant work Snapey. 👍You could market them i reckon. Not sure ive seen similar, prob have but forgotten. We have stands for cars to put under wheels and move around. Workshop dead cars i mean.

Snapey

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Tuesday, 01 March  2022, 04:40 PM

You'd have more room if you took the left hand bazooka off.

True but it would then be out of balance & fall over.

Eric GSX1400K3

In all seriousness  I like that stand you made, very handy.

grog

Id love to fit dual yoshi to mine, would sound unreal. Maybe one day. I had dual Conti on GS1000, maybe the best sounding 4 cyl bike ive heard.

Snapey

Quote from: grog on Tuesday, 01 March  2022, 07:30 PM
maybe the best sounding 4 cyl bike ive heard.

I rode this CB750 at a very muddy Philip Island in 1970. The sound from those Nuge Smith megaphones was ear piercing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk