Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notty

Quote from: Will14 on Monday, 14 February  2022, 02:05 AM
Quote from: mjgt on Sunday, 23 January  2022, 07:13 PM
Quote from: grog on Sunday, 23 January  2022, 06:06 PM
Hooli, Mick Hone Suzuki have tps for $125/£66. Gotta be lots cheaper inc post. £82 works out.

Thanks Grog, that's what I paid in Bristol.

@mjgt could you let me know where you purchased the TPS sensor from please, the cheapest I can find is about £90 plus delivery

It seems the battery I fitted has not cured my poor starting fault, shes back to firing and dying again, eventually starts on the fourth attempt so may just try a new TPS sensor to rule it out. This is really starting to annoy me now, I don't suppose its doing much harm, more that I can't cure the bloody issue  :furious:
Sure Mick said he got it from Fowlers ( Brisol )
@Will14
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Will14

Quote from: Notty on Monday, 14 February  2022, 02:19 AM
Hooli, Mick Hone Suzuki have tps for $125/£66. Gotta be lots cheaper inc post. £82 works out.

@mjgt could you let me know where you purchased the TPS sensor from please, the cheapest I can find is about £90 plus delivery

It seems the battery I fitted has not cured my poor starting fault, shes back to firing and dying again, eventually starts on the fourth attempt so may just try a new TPS sensor to rule it out. This is really starting to annoy me now, I don't suppose its doing much harm, more that I can't cure the bloody issue  :furious:
Sure Mick said he got it from Fowlers ( Brisol )
@Will14

Thanks @Notty looks like it was Fowlers, £82 inc next day delivery  :cheers:

Not sure if it will fix the problem but unsure what else to try atm, bike is running great other than the starting issue, sometimes it OK and fires first attempt, other times its three or four attempts before running  :doh:

Hooli

Second that question. I'm still not sure my TPS is right, I can't prove it faulty when testing but there is a definite throttle position when the bike splutters no matter what revs it's doing. Last time I had one fail it tested fine off the bike too.

Will14

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 14 February  2022, 07:06 AM

Second that question. I'm still not sure my TPS is right, I can't prove it faulty when testing but there is a definite throttle position when the bike splutters no matter what revs it's doing. Last time I had one fail it tested fine off the bike too.

@Hooli Fowlers Bristol have them in stock & seem to be the cheapest with free delivery, just trying to convince myself to spend more money and see if it cures the problem. I suppose if all else fails I will have a spare if and when the inevitable happens, you have given me a bit of hope Hooli as mine seems to test OK  :whatever:

Hooli

Cheers I'll check flowers. It's about time as I think I was on 70-80k when the first one went and I've been having issues I can't trave for a couple of years now.

It's just bloody annoying I can't prove it's faulty first.

Mick_J

Will, I got it from Fowlers in Bristol but as far as I know I got the last one.  During my searching I did find another that was only a couple of quid more, I will let you know if I remember where.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

Quote from: Will14 on Monday, 14 February  2022, 07:23 AM
@Hooli Fowlers Bristol have them in stock & seem to be the cheapest with free delivery, just trying to convince myself to spend more money and see if it cures the problem. I suppose if all else fails I will have a spare if and when the inevitable happens, you have given me a bit of hope Hooli as mine seems to test OK  :whatever:

I've just ordered one, free postage too so £82 all in. Hopefully it fixes my old heap.

Will14

Quote from: mjgt on Monday, 14 February  2022, 08:04 PM

Will, I got it from Fowlers in Bristol but as far as I know I got the last one.  During my searching I did find another that was only a couple of quid more, I will let you know if I remember where.

Thank you @mjgt , they were showing three in stock on Sunday, so may have re-stocked since  :onya:

Will14

Well another possible twist this evening, came home from work and tried the bike, turned over fired then died instantly  :furious: before trying again I thought to disconnect the PC3, that done tried to start again and she fired up instantly

The norm has been if she didn't run at the first push of the button it was pretty much always the fourth attempt before she would run, disconnecting the PC3 has changed that possibly, will leave it disconnected and try again from cold tomorrow and see what happens  :rolleyes: the big question then will be is the PC3 is on its way out, or is it the map that I had done last summer is to blame, if she starts and runs without the PC3 for a few days I will try a generic map and go from there, fingers crossed   

Cheers

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Will14 on Tuesday, 15 February  2022, 06:47 AM
Well another possible twist this evening, came home from work and tried the bike, turned over fired then died instantly  :furious: before trying again I thought to disconnect the PC3, that done tried to start again and she fired up instantly

The norm has been if she didn't run at the first push of the button it was pretty much always the fourth attempt before she would run, disconnecting the PC3 has changed that possibly, will leave it disconnected and try again from cold tomorrow and see what happens  :rolleyes: the big question then will be is the PC3 is on its way out, or is it the map that I had done last summer is to blame, if she starts and runs without the PC3 for a few days I will try a generic map and go from there, fingers crossed   

Cheers

Could possibly  be the firmware rather than the map @Will14  - might be worthwhile calling dynojet themselves if it isn't either but you suspect the unit, as I believe they do offer a test and repair service, which would be infinitely cheaper than a new PC3. Have a read of their FAQ anyway on their Help page, loads of advice and help there on sorting PC3 issues
https://dynojet.co.uk/faq

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

Cheers

I don't think I've ever heard of a PC3 fail. I've heard lots of people claim they have, but no proof it was the PC3.

I'd start by checking the earth lead from the PC3 to the battery, if that's broken anywhere I believe that's how the bike will behave.

BbigMmac

Cheers
Mine has the same problem after installing a PC. Think it is because I set the tps with the pc to zero while the engine wasn't warm enough. If I twist the throttle a little bit it starts immediatly. In the summer when it's warm it works good also.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Hooli on Tuesday, 15 February  2022, 06:28 PM

Cheers

I don't think I've ever heard of a PC3 fail. I've heard lots of people claim they have, but no proof it was the PC3.

I'd start by checking the earth lead from the PC3 to the battery, if that's broken anywhere I believe that's how the bike will behave.

Tallman (remember him @Hooli) I believe had his fail and Dynojet sorted it for him. It is pretty rare though I'll admit.

I agree re earth - in fact I think I'd fit an additional one as per https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=4828.0 just to be on the safe side
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

I remember him, I don't remember the failed PC3. I believe you about it though.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk