Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric GSX1400K3

Took the Suz out for a ride this morning, after playing with the K1300 for a bit.  Amazing difference between the two,  I used to think the  1402 was a big heavy bike, but nothing compared to the K1300GT. 

Some nice twisty bits, a run down the freeway and stop at the shops. Ran beautifully, need to sort that sump plug leak ( thanks for the top @Hooli).  Filled up with fuel, $1.42 for std 91RON,  interestingly the quantum hpfp is a lot noisier than the std one, especially when the fuel level gets low.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Eric, 14 weight never worried me, took mate 102 Hardly for a ride, prob weighs same but felt double. Actually worried me, no good at slow place. Vibration and lack of braking not good either. Its a so called stage 3 out of 4 performance pack, lots of bucks. Stage 1 wouldve been like my mower.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 23 December  2021, 06:54 PM
Eric, 14 weight never worried me, took mate 102 Hardly for a ride, prob weighs same but felt double. Actually worried me, no good at slow place. Vibration and lack of braking not good either. Its a so called stage 3 out of 4 performance pack, lots of bucks. Stage 1 wouldve been like my mower.
it's not that the weight ever bothered me, but compared to my Daytona675, the 1402 felt big and heavy. But compared to the beemer, the 1402 feels like my 675.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

The only time I find a 14 is heavy is pushing it up the ramp into my garage or mid S-bend when I'm trying to flick it from one side to another at speed. It'll do it, just needs muscling a lot more than say my Hornet.

grog

Talking to a bloke few weeks back. Steep driveway, stupid hardly stalled , common occurence, thats why you see them blipping throttle at lights.His fell on him, sidestand right thru leg, helicopter to lift, hes suffering. One thing ive noticed, 14 very rarely stalls, so many others do. Diavel i had, stalled in a blink.

Hooli

Yeah my Sprint is damn easy to stall too, especially when it's half warmed up.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: grog on Thursday, 23 December  2021, 07:33 PM
Talking to a bloke few weeks back. Steep driveway, stupid hardly stalled , common occurence, thats why you see them blipping throttle at lights.His fell on him, sidestand right thru leg, helicopter to lift, hes suffering. One thing ive noticed, 14 very rarely stalls, so many others do. Diavel i had, stalled in a blink.
Ouch. That is why I always wear proper M/C boots when riding, and don't own a hardley movington

grog

Eric, boots wouldnt have helped, straight thru knee, did some damage.

Eric GSX1400K3

DP1400

Well.....not today, but yesterday - took her for a quick blast along the A28 to Canterbury and back. Dry roads, sunshine and 15 degrees, it had to be done! Not ridden my `14 for several weeks and that 20min blast certainly made me smile. What a bike!! Didn`t miss a beat even after a longish lay-up. First ride of `22. Fantastic. Bring it on...... :)

Kiwifruit

Because I won't ride in shorts, tank top and thongs I havn't been out in 22. I just can't put the gear on. Been low 30s for a few days now. Lots out riding using sunblock for protection.  :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

Someone I know bought herself her first big bike but not having passed her test yet coundnt ride it. So we took it out to check it's ok, obviously as it's got knobblies I turned up a byway. My first time ever on mud with a bike...

It's got an issue where the fast idle seems to cut in at random or it stalls at idle unless it's got hot. It'll stall having ridden normally for an hour, but behaves after ten mins at low speed in a car park. I'm going to start by checking the temp sensors to solve it

It's a fun little thumper and stupidly easy to ride.

Mick_J

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Monday, 03 January  2022, 02:39 PM
Because I won't ride in shorts, tank top and thongs I havn't been out in 22. I just can't put the gear on. Been low 30s for a few days now. Lots out riding using sunblock for protection.  :facepalm:

Come on Col, I wish you blokes down under keep mentioning you wear thongs, over here they are
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

grog

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 03 January  2022, 04:55 PM
Someone I know bought herself her first big bike but not having passed her test yet coundnt ride it. So we took it out to check it's ok, obviously as it's got knobblies I turned up a byway. My first time ever on mud with a bike...

It's got an issue where the fast idle seems to cut in at random or it stalls at idle unless it's got hot. It'll stall having ridden normally for an hour, but behaves after ten mins at low speed in a car park. I'm going to start by checking the temp sensors to solve it

It's a fun little thumper and stupidly easy to ride.

Since owning my first BMW, I read that some models suffer from hot start issues.its apparently related to the battery and the shunt that's fitted to it. Battery overheats and puts out erratic currents, this messes up the ecu and fuelling.  The PO has fitted an Odyssey battery that solves the issue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk