News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooli

I fixed my Hornet. It'd decided to run out of petrol 4 miles after switching to reserve, which wasn't very useful. Turns out a bit of dirt in the fuel tap was stopping the spring loaded ball from sealing the reserve opening off. I wish Suzuki used the same quality stuff as Honda, no way I'd be able to undo twenty year old screws without any hassle on my 14 if they'd never been moved before.

Oh & I washed both bikes that are on the road as local farmers seem to have spread entire fields down roads I've tried to ride on recently...

The problem with washing them is it reminds me how clean the Hornet looks since I cleaned it up last year & it now looks too good to abuse as a winter hack.

Oh, I did ask about my 14 tank the other day. It will be fixed at some point, not sure when yet though. No rush as I wouldn't bother MOT or taxing it at this time of year anyway.

grog

Hooli

The black Honda, didn't you get them? CB600F2 I think it says on the paperwork. The 2 just means a bikini fairing.

96hp in a small lightweight bike from what's roughly a CBR lump is a great laugh on small roads. It's just a bit cramped with a thin seat for long trips. Ideal for work though as it'll filter anywhere being so small.

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Irish in Oz

Have them in Oz as well, been on a couple to rides with a guy on one. A mate of mine here in NI has one nippy wee thing.

grog

Guess i missed that one, never really look at Honda.

Hooli

It was never a bike I went looking for, but I ended up fostering it for a friend who had nowhere to store it. I'd been using it a bit to give it a run  & it ended up being my only bike on the road for a month when I broke the Sprint & crashed the 14. She decided to sell it not too long after that  & I realised I'd miss it so adopted it.

Eric GSX1400K3

Gave it a wash and polish, checked for any oil leaks, slight weep around the sump plug, will have to change the copper washer next oil change. Some small stone chips on the tank front edges, and leading edge of the front hugger.
Lubed both clutch and brake lever pivots. She turned 19 this month, still one of the best looking bikes around IMHO. Starts first time everytime
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

As standard it's an ali crush washer not a copper washer on the sump. But if it's been changed to copper then just re-anneal it, heat it to red hot & quench it in cold water. The harden as they oxidise so can't deform to create a seal.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 20 December  2021, 08:57 PM
As standard it's an ali crush washer not a copper washer on the sump. But if it's been changed to copper then just re-anneal it, heat it to red hot & quench it in cold water. The harden as they oxidise so can't deform to create a seal.
Thanks Hooli  you are right...again.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Roo

Took my baby down to VTNZ for a WOF  (Warrant of Fitness).
Mechanics were fighting over who would road test her. The winner came back raving how strong it was in 2nd gear !!! 
Don't get many through testing there apparently.  :smitten:

Came home and renewed the Rego for Summer period . All set to go !!!!    :clapping: :clapping: :boogie: :boogie:

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Ten yrs of mine next month. Never a problem, still rides as then. Yoshi and fuel filter mod have made it go a bit harder. Will pull her apart, usual maintenance/replacement stuff. Good for another decade, hope i am.  :laugh:

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Notty

The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk