News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Glad you feel ok Dave. Just need time. Get some paw paw ointment for cut, magic stuff.

gsxbarmy

Quote from: grog on Friday, 11 June  2021, 06:13 PM
Glad you feel ok Dave. Just need time. Get some paw paw ointment for cut, magic stuff.

Never heard of that @grog - seems it is available in the UK as well, so I'll grab some, thanks for the tip, appreciated  :onya:
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

grog

Glad to help. We use it for all sorts, cuts, chaffing etc. Supposed to help healing x13 times faster. I agree. 

Hooli

I fitted a Scottoiler on the Strumpet the other day & got a lube tube added to it today.

I found out when I took the airbox off to get to the vacuum pipes that it hadn't been fitted properly. It's surprised me how much difference seating it 1/8" or so has made. The velocity stacks are sealing to the TBs properly now, it's much smoother at idle, pulls better bottom & no longer feels a bit gutless at low revs. I've also gained 20-30mile per tank to the light, from 170-180 to 200 so it's doing something daft like 56mpg ridden normally. Handy that for a tourer.

To add some GSX1400 content, I went for a ride with Moonie on his FE today & lent him a spanner to adjust the lever heights while we were out.

Johno

New Angel GT 11's fitted. The rear was still legal but the front had worn unevenly and the right side was badly worn. As a result it did not want to tip into right handlers and felt like it was badly under steering.

I also took the opportunity to have La Corsa  L shaped tyre valves fitted making it a much easier task to check and adjust tyre pressures.

Checking my maintenance records told me that changes to brake, clutch fluid were overdue as well as the fork oil.

I had to ride the bike home in the rain with the new tyres so the pace was very sedate. However the feel of the bike was transformed even at very gentle throttle operation. Can't wait to get out in dry conditions.

Currently locked down here but a welfare check and food parcel for my 86 year old mother in law is in order.
Johno

GSX1400 K5 now sold
1981 GS1000G

Eric GSX1400K3

Like those right angle valve stems, fitted a set to mine when I had new tyres put on, sooooo  much better
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

GSXKING

Quote from: Johno on Wednesday, 30 June  2021, 06:53 PM
New Angel GT 11's fitted. The rear was still legal but the front had worn unevenly and the right side was badly worn. As a result it did not want to tip into right handlers and felt like it was badly under steering.

I also took the opportunity to have La Corsa  L shaped tyre valves fitted making it a much easier task to check and adjust tyre pressures.

Checking my maintenance records told me that changes to brake, clutch fluid were overdue as well as the fork oil.

I had to ride the bike home in the rain with the new tyres so the pace was very sedate. However the feel of the bike was transformed even at very gentle throttle operation. Can't wait to get out in dry conditions.

Currently locked down here but a welfare check and food parcel for my 86 year old mother in law is in order.

@Johno You're such a considerate son in law  :stir: :stir: :stir:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

DP1400

I really like those `L` shaped tyre valves. Next new tyres and i`ll be fitting them too. Most garages don`t consider bikers at the air pumps making it virtually impossible to use the hose provided :rolleyes:

Tally

I have new tyres on order so when the garage changes them for me I'll ask for them L shaped valves it will make life so much easier checking tyre pressures.

Kiwifruit

Replaced my tyre inflator fitting that l carry this week. Just plugs into an Aro coupling. Its been handy.
Must say the elbow valve stems seem like a good idea.. As for gas stations considering motor cyclists......whats new ?
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

grog

Talking about servos, BP brought out an App, pay with phone from forecourt. Great idea i thought, leave helmet on etc. First time i used it, standing to pay, bloke comes out and says i cant use my phone standing near pumps. Asked about App, ok if sitting in your vehicle. End of that App.

KiwiCol

That's mental Grog!  They make an App to use to pay for the gas, but can't use it near the pump??  So how do the cars do it?  They must have to be close to the pump to fill their tank, so what's the difference? 

That not using your phone on a forecourt is an old idea, they now have Covid QR Code things to scan with your phone on every pump here now, they actually encourage you to get the phone out n use it?? 

I don't think there has ever been a documented case of an accidental fire / explosion on a forecourt caused by someone using a cell phone. 
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Col, car drivers sit in car. I might actually send BP E Mail to see what they say. I dont watch Union but saw All Blacks score. Wow. 

Kiwifruit

Felt sorry for the understrength Tongans Grog. More like opposed practice than a Test Match.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

GSXKING

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Sunday, 04 July  2021, 06:38 PM
Felt sorry for the understrength Tongans Grog. More like opposed practice than a Test Match.

I think most of those Tongans are NZers @KiwiCol  :stir: :stir:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk