News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seth

Not so good buddy
Hopefully the bike has only minor damage and you heal fast .
Hopefully all sorted asap .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Notty

Thats a bummer Dave - could have been a lot worse  :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

mlivkovich

gsxbarmy

Thanks all - given I was expecting bruises etc to come out today, I'm pleasantly surprised that they haven't, even the gash on my leg is none too bad.

Now just hoping that the damage to the bike is not too much, I'm hoping the forks have just twisted out of line in the yokes, but won't get to know until earliest Tuesday afternoon. That aside, the rest is cosmetic in scratches and odd broekn bits. Given it actually fell on me, I feel quite lucky - may even buy a lottery ticket this week.

Or maybe the Gods are telling me that at 66, I'm just getting too old for this biking malarky and it's time to give it up (not if I have my way LOL)
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

KiwiCol

My 2 pence worth on that is, if you enjoy it, keep doing it. Gotta live life, not just exist through it.  You're doing OK Dave, keep it going!  Get well soon mate.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Will14

Sorry to hear your bad news Dave but glad that you are OK & hopefully the bike will be as well

If you still enjoy riding a bike then age is only a number in my eyes, if insurance offer you a courtesey bike I would take it and make use of it, maybe a few steady runs on your own just to get you back in the saddle and restore any doubts that you might have

All the best

Pete

grog

Youll be right Barmy, im just a few months behind your age, Accidents etc can cause trauma for a while. I went thru it a while back, driving not riding, i pulled out in front of a car. No idea why, just didnt see it or look. Sure spooked me.

GSXKING

Sorry to hear about your of road excursion Dave. Very glad you weren't more injured. I have one question, are the orange fluro vests compulsory in UK ?  :devil:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Kiwifruit

Back in the war they were called target markers Kingi  :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

VladTepes

Glad you are OK mate!

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Monday, 07 June  2021, 07:45 AM
maybe the Gods are telling me that at 66, I'm just getting too old for this biking malarky and it's time to give it up (not if I have my way LOL)

No the Gods are telling you they are angered as you have abandoned "God's own motorcycle" - the GSX1400 and were riding a BMW.
Vlad's K7 "Back in Black"

As a Pink Floyd fan, I get annoyed when I see vegetarians eating pudding.

YouTubeLandyVlad Rides

Johno

Well after just over two years my SSB battery had turned up it's toes.

So off to Battery World and a new Deka with three years warranty.

These were designed for Harley's so plenty of punch. I had one in the Gs1000G for over five years. Hope I get a similar run with this one.

Johno

GSX1400 K5 now sold
1981 GS1000G

grog

My grandson an Auto Eleccy, he reckons Deka are the best.

Eric GSX1400K3

My Yuasa still going  strong after 2.5 years, will keep an eye out for the Deka ones
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

northern

@gsxbarmy Hope you are filling better and not worst now, after few day's have passed.
get well fast!

gsxbarmy

Quote from: northern on Friday, 11 June  2021, 02:26 AM
@gsxbarmy Hope you are filling better and not worst now, after few day's have passed.
get well fast!

Cheers @northern not too bad today thanks buddy, I bounced surprisingly well, just need this cut to heal on my leg - that may take a while though
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk