News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric GSX1400K3

:salute: Mr. Grog, how is the beam spread with the  led bulb and original lens and refractor?
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

gsxbarmy

Fitted a storage / cargo net into my Givi 52L top box. Been pondering on how to do this for a while and finally came up with a simple solution which requiring no drilling or bolting, so very happy  :clapping:

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

grog

Eric, yeah i know you fitted complete unit, Stedi? LED globe in mine excellent low beam. Terrible high beam. Doesnt worry me as not enough night riding. I like it as its so visible, daytime. I know yours best option but again, not enough nightime to justify.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 26 May  2021, 05:30 PM
Eric, yeah i know you fitted complete unit, Stedi? LED globe in mine excellent low beam. Terrible high beam. Doesnt worry me as not enough night riding. I like it as its so visible, daytime. I know yours best option but again, not enough nightime to justify.
no worries  mate,  just curious as replacing a bulb is way easier than retro fitting a complete lamp assembly. I dont do much night riding either, but when i do i want to be able to see and  be seen
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

BlueDragon

With all the previous discussions on LED headlight bulbs/full conversions and H4 halogen bulbs. 

Just for an experiment I thought I would try and do a conversion to a LED headlight on my son's CB400SF Super Four.

I found a LED headlight that was a complete swap in for the Honda Headlight bucket. So took a chance and ordered it.

It ended up fitting without any problems and the light output was amazing.

Then I came up with the idea of swapping the honda headlight bucket into the 1400..  Which after some work, was able to fit into the 1400..  So will write this up in my post on my bike, with full instructions and pics..

By the way - total cost of this was under $100 Aussie

Last 2 photos, show the low beam and then high beam of the headlight

Eric GSX1400K3

Theyre not called UJM for nothing.

I found the stedi 7" iris led fits perfectly into the atd 1402 headlight bucket, even the connectors are thr same.  Only issue is retaining the sealed beam unit in the bucket.

Great light output from these units

KiwiCol

Bluey, that is some fecken amazing light!!   :notworthy: :clapping:   Under a Hundy Aussie, that's gotta be the best value right there!  Bloody awesome. :cheers: :onya:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Agree. Link to that unit please Bluey. A new +150 H4 i nearly ordered is $58, will wait for your link. Stedi i just priced at $189. Amazing light in your pics.  :clapping:

BlueDragon

Yeah, I am more than happy with the light output.

I will try and get a full write up on the install done tonight and post if on my other thread on my 1400.

There are 2 types of headlight, one with the halo ring and one without.  I bought both.  Both have the same light output.

Just be aware, and I will mention this again in my build instructions, that the headlight only fits in the honda bucket housing.  it won't fit in the std suzuki one.  there are enough differences to cause it not to fit. 

I did the fitment into the Honda headlight bucket and then fitted the Honda bucket to the 1400, with very minimal mods.

Made a mistake in the costs.

Headlight with shipping is $87 AUD.
Honda Headlight Bucket is about $25 with free shipping..

Total around $112.

Other basic tools you will need is a dremel with a grinding tool to shave some of the plastic honda housing and also a 22mm hole saw to enlarge the mounting holes on the honda headlight bucket so that the OEM Suzuki rubber mounts fit into the honda Headlight bucket.  Soldering iron - but only if you want the halo ring light, if you just buy the standard headflight (no halo) then there is no soldering needed to be done - it then becomes a plug in and play fitting.

Pictured is the non-halo headlight that I fitted to my son's CB400SF super four...which is up for sale now. Another post I'll get to..

BlueDragon

Full instructions and links to parts are now loaded on my build thread in Readers Rides for this headlight conversion

grog

grog

I wrote before that i changed my indicators. Like the look better than large originals. Decided the quality of those fitted not quite good enough. Any recos for good quality ones? Oxford make some i like, anyone used them. I also like the dark gsxr ones but are stupid prices. Thanks.

Notty

Quote from: grog on Saturday, 29 May  2021, 04:21 PM
I wrote before that i changed my indicators. Like the look better than large originals. Decided the quality of those fitted not quite good enough. Any recos for good quality ones? Oxford make some i like, anyone used them. I also like the dark gsxr ones but are stupid prices. Thanks.
R&G Aero indicators - top quality and have a side Led @grog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dvw2Wps7pI
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

grog

Thanks Notty. Just a bit expensive, touch under $300.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk