News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V_i_c_i

Steering dumper is adjustable. You can choose up to 7 level of stroke.

Kiwifruit

Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

V_i_c_i

mlivkovich

Quote from: V_i_c_i on Sunday, 16 May  2021, 03:40 PM

:confused1:
Ok I understand there is 7 levels of damping "strength", but I'd like to know the distance between two ends or what's the length it can slide? :cheers:

grog

Very good work Vici. What difference does it do to ride? More stability? Had a few bikes with dampers, always turned them down lowest setting.

V_i_c_i

Quote from: mlivkovich on Sunday, 16 May  2021, 05:20 PM
Quote from: V_i_c_i on Sunday, 16 May  2021, 03:40 PM

:confused1:
Ok I understand there is 7 levels of damping "strength", but I'd like to know the distance between two ends or what's the length it can slide? :cheers:

Sorry for my bad english.  :happy1:
Dumper can slide 150mm from one end to other.

V_i_c_i

Quote from: grog on Sunday, 16 May  2021, 05:48 PM
Very good work Vici. What difference does it do to ride? More stability? Had a few bikes with dampers, always turned them down lowest setting.

The difference is only at higher speeds. In my country far over limits.  :whistling:
But at speeds above 150km/h the bike is much calmer and more stable. Especially on worse surfaces.

E: My setting is somewhere around the middle. Lowest setting is almost like without a damper...

stick3

new tyres metzeler roadtec se standard size , metalgear rear rotor /pads 90 degree valves and spark plugs done at a new business newcastle motorcycle tyres  i supplied the brakes and valves and  they supplied tyres spark plugs and labour $813
front tyre    239.95
rear tyre     329.95
spark plugs 48.00
and this is the most i spent on the 14 since last set of tyres 6 years ago

Kiwifruit

Quote from: stick3 on Monday, 17 May  2021, 05:44 PM
new tyres metzeler roadtec se standard size ,

Be interested in hearing how you find the new Metzelers
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

seth

After 15 years if the Pirelli gt range .
I'm going to try the new metzeler roadtec 01 se in the blue and white bike when it comes back on the road shortly.
So will see how it goes especially running back to back with the angels in the other bike at the same time .
I'll report back on feel ECT.
And most of all mileages as losing a slight bit of grip when going mental over a few more thousand miles I know which I'll choose.
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Hooli

My experience of them was slightly more confidence in the wet & slightly higher wear. It'll be interesting to see if you agree.

Do they still do the HWM (heavy weight motorcycle) version? if so get them, I killed a standard rear in 3k & got about 6k from the HWM one afterwards. It rode better too, as I assume it wasn't overheating the surface hence the lower wear.

seth

The roadtec 01 se is the new latest supposed to be all singing dancing tyre so will see.
The main thing folk forget is metzelar and Pirelli tyres are both made in the same factories as owner by 1 perent company and share lots of the same compounds ECT.
Just 1 sounds German and 2 sounds Italian .
I don't know where they are actually made.
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

stick3

steve porter

Quote from: V_i_c_i on Sunday, 16 May  2021, 04:01 AM
Steering dumper finaly mounted and tested. No restriction for steering area, solid mounting and for me great look. Happy with that.  :onya:

you are a great fabricator Vici

grog

Today fitted LED blinkers and relay. All work perfectly. So small after originals being on forever. Not sure ill like them, certainly bright enough. Will see how i feel after a few weeks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk