News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Today i looked at Bit Coin value. 10 yrs ago i couldve got 5 of them for $100. Asked Wife if worth pursuing, had been reading stuff on them. She reckoned just another scam, 100 wasted. Do what you want. I didnt buy. Today live value $350 k for those 5.

grog

Today also, just ordered 7 pin relay and 4 new indicators. Maybe ill like, if not , in the bin.

Kiwifruit

Quote from: KiwiCol on Tuesday, 20 April  2021, 04:27 PM
Quote from: Grumpy old man on Tuesday, 20 April  2021, 02:29 PM
Today I took the 14 for a ride in the rain over the Big hill to Tauranga  running an errand  and popped in to see Kiwifruit for a coffee while I was there ...Then rode home in a torrential rain storm back on my side of the Big hill

Cheers for the hospitality Collin

Very nice, he's not a bad bloke is he.  :onya:   Hope you got some cake,  :imrgreen: Mrs KF had some homemade chocolate cake when I called in . . . :whistling:

Good of you to pop in James. Great to put a face to the name, nice bike too    :cheers:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Mrg

Hi guys
Sad day yesterday had a off on the bike in line of moving traffic on the motorway 65 mph behind a tall van and a big truck to my left. Then some twat in front of the van three car in front of him had a coming together bounced off each other this caused a massive sudden stop and yep even with150 yards gap there was no we're to go but end up as a van sticker  so I've got neck pain but ok ribs took a hit but ok and right ankle nice deep slide road rash but ok  bike

Looking to get front forks set .... My bottoms are good but the tube into the trees are bent
Right hand light controls at the part are road rushed
Throttle housing and throttle grip
Handle bars but not original rentals
Rear back fin housing
Right hand crash bars the big set type  not
Front mud guard ( deep blue if possible)
That's my shopping list as far as I can see at the moment.
I've got to wait for the inspection then for then to tell me how much they will offer me   MCE only offer payment or buy back  not a repair option  so I'd be looking to get any of the parts in a few weeks guys cheers   :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

Eric GSX1400K3

Sorry to hear that Mrg, hope youre ok? Get  that neck looked at asap.

Im sure you'll find the bits you need and get your 14 back on the road. 
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

Mrg, just a sad situation. Feel for ya. As long as body not too bad,rest can be fixed. You have other bikes? Such a bad luck, hate these stories. Chin up in Pommie language,  just deal with it in Aussie. Best of luck Mate.

Mrg

Hi Eric and grog
Cheers for the reply's and nope only one bike one wife kids dog cat  that's enough for me lol  :onya:
look check and look again  then you see the fool

grog

Doin better than me Mate, bike, wife, thats it. Kids visit, dog in a shoebox on shelf, neighbors cat visited today. Just lucky i have best bike and wife. About all i need.

KiwiCol

Sad news about your off MRG.  Least the body came through it without too much damage, gets worse after a day or so though, so watch that.   The bike does look forlorn, hope it can be fixed & the frame is still straight. 
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

seth

@Mrg You have a pm
I have some standard bit that can help you .
Standard bars, levers and possibly a few other bits of can get them I have a mate who's got loads of bits left over from a special build so if I can help I will .
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

Notty

that's a bugger Mrg  :bugga: :bugga: :bugga:- the bike can be fixed as long as you are ok  :)
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Blubber

Wreck-it Richard - one of the unDutchables

Hooli

Kiwifruit

Sad to see those photos Mrg. Pleased you're not too banged up. Best wishes for a quick recovery for both you and your bike.
:cheers:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Grumpy old man

Hope you don't feel too bad as the days go by as others have said it can get a bit sore in a couple of days
Any accident you can walk away from is good

I would get the frame checked for alignment as it looks like it took quite a big whack going by the bend and ripple in the forks and the oil cooler guard even that right front down tube on the frame doesn't look right to me but it could just be the photo

Time for a big rebuild with a few goodies thrown in

Get well soon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk