Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

If you're going to do the clutch fluid & clean the gunk around there, may as well do this wee mod at the same time.  Worth it as it stops the shite getting into the clutch slave.  Clean & lube the push rod too.

https://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=259.0
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Top work Grumpy. They do repay nicely after some TLC. 👍

Hooli

Today I mostly said 'bugger' in a loud voice.

I was taking the wheels out to get the tyres swapped & this happened at the front, I didn't even put much pressure on it, less than the other five caliper retaining bolts needed to crack free anyway.

Surprisingly after a good soak in WD40 it came out with just mole grips, so I replaced all six bolts as they seem to be getting old & weak. The new ones look disgustingly shiney, I hope they weather in soon.

Milts

@Hooli glad you managed to remove the broken bolt mate  :onya: but l wish you would post a Warning before posting any photos for us OCD cleaning freaks  :grin:   :cheers:

Notty

probably broken for a while and the dirt was holding it together  :rofl2: :rofl2:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Kiwifruit

Looks like its a warranty claim then Hooli.
At first glance thought it was something from an old Jag  :facepalm:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

steve porter

Quote from: Hooli on Saturday, 23 January  2021, 03:01 AM
Today I mostly said 'bugger' in a loud voice.

I was taking the wheels out to get the tyres swapped & this happened at the front, I didn't even put much pressure on it, less than the other five caliper retaining bolts needed to crack free anyway.

Surprisingly after a good soak in WD40 it came out with just mole grips, so I replaced all six bolts as they seem to be getting old & weak. The new ones look disgustingly shiney, I hope they weather in soon.
A thicker coating of whale fat required

Hooli

Quote from: Milts on Saturday, 23 January  2021, 03:39 AM

@Hooli glad you managed to remove the broken bolt mate  :onya: but l wish you would post a Warning before posting any photos for us OCD cleaning freaks  :grin:   :cheers:

If I posted warnings about filthy stuff then dear old @gsxbarmy would never get his heart rate increased enough to keep him awake  :lol:

I did wash it when I finished, mostly as it was nearly 1/4" thick with mud under the topbox & even for me having a place to grow potatoes on the move is a bit excessive.

GSXKING

Quote from: Notty on Saturday, 23 January  2021, 03:51 AM
probably broken for a while and the dirt was holding it together  :rofl2: :rofl2:

@Notty I nearly sprayed my tea onto my laptop  :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

GSXKING

Today I went for a ride heading to Binna Burra, we were turned around by the Police at Lower Beechmont Rd. about 6k's from Canungra. Unfortunately two riders had had a head on and one of the riders was propelled over the side of the mountain. The Police had closed the road to allow extraction of the rider who had flown 5 metres down the mountain side. Latest report is two riders with head, neck and arm injuries conveyed to hospital. Godbless the Ambos and Emergency Response teams.  :clapping: :hat:

All was not lost as the ten of us went back to Canungra and had a massive breakfast at Cafe Metz (Highly Recommended) https://www.facebook.com/CafeMetzCanungra/ came home via Mundoolun and Jimboomba.  :onya:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

GSX, perfect day for it. Not for the accident blokes. Unreal roads up that way. My Son used to live Canungra so have had many trips around there. I saw a head on opposite way, he just didnt make corner and head on into rock cliff on lhs. Front wheel was almost at back wheel. Does the road back near Hinze Dam, Raceway, still exist. That was a test of courage.

Hooli

Some days I wonder why I bother.

I was going to take my 14 for a run to get out the house and check it was behaving with that new sensor but despite running ok when I'd put it all together it was idling at nearly 4k when started today.
I wiggled the idle adjuster and the bloody thing snapped...
There's no reason I can see for it running so fast either.
Any bets on if you can get these cables seperately? I've not looked yet.

Hooli

Oh & to add to the above I've found damage on the injector loom. No idea how that's happened as I'm always careful of the loom when removing or replacing the throttle bodies. I'll get the soldering iron out when I'm in the mood.

Eric GSX1400K3

Hooli, i reckon your bike is misbehaving coz of all the new n shiny bits you're  adding to her.  She obviously likes it dirty and idling at 4k rpm was a wail of desparation.

Cable and  adjuster is available here in convictshire...part no 13270-42F00

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

Yeah it's about £60 over here, so I'll trying to think how to fix it. Maybe a few tiny cross drilled holes, little pins & lots of epoxy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk