News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Today was work day, holiday rates, no jobs much so bike got attention. Rear pads changed, all calipers cleaned, new fluid front n rear. Oil n filter done. Every other moving part got lubed. Clutch fluid changed. Spray wax n wipe all over. 👍. Nice ride home. Just a tip, if you want to make fluid changing/ brake bleeding easy, SnapOn vacuum bleeder is brilliant. Requires compressor, makes a tedious job a 5 minute one.

Del

Not GSX related more ZRX - for years now I have been trying to get a part for my ZRX build - but today I managed to get the part i wanted and the even rarer Carbon Fibre part - to make it better it was a bargain at £43.00 so well made up

Just need to sell the FJR to give me some room to start the rebuild  :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

steve porter

Put this on on the weekend, the clamshell type wasn`t working for me with the square boxes I need to carry

Hooli

Looks a lot better than my Givi, I wonder if you can make the side boxes fit?

steve porter

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 06 January  2021, 07:13 AM
Looks a lot better than my Givi, I wonder if you can make the side boxes fit?

anything can be made to fit I reckon, but they would stick out too far for my liking.

Hooli

I can't see them being much wider than the E41s I've got, they make it like riding a car which is why I don't use them much.

grog

Have you ever seen the xjr1300 clip where old mates side bags hit something on a jetty. Definately put him in DEEP trouble.

Hooli

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 06 January  2021, 06:16 PM
Have you ever seen the xjr1300 clip where old mates side bags hit something on a jetty. Definately put him in DEEP trouble.

I've destroyed a givi pannier against the wing of an on coming car with a closing speed of about 100-120mph, it missed my knee by about an inch. I was near the middle of the road & the impact kicked the back of the 14 so hard I ended up almost in the ditch with the bike half sideways. I've no idea how I stayed up to be honest & it took me about 1/4 of a mile to think enough to stop.

The car never came back while I was sat there wondering why I wasn't dead, so I guess I got away with it apart from the £200 bill for parts to rebuild the pannier.

I can confirm though, hitting things with your panniers is a bad idea.

grog

You were so lucky Hooli. Ive had the sit there and wonder why not dead thing happen. Coming down a big twisty mountain, sat behind a high power chev thru the slow twistys, corners opened up, went to pass and he floored it, full speed to get passed, way over 160, rh bend, worried about oncoming. I hit a huge bump in tar, big bubble from water damage. Bike launched in air, i hit the last few mm of tar on lhs, shook its head, straightened up. Ducati handling always been my fave since then. Yeah, i sat later and just shook. Would 14 have done that, not sure.

Kiwifruit

Quote from: grog on Wednesday, 06 January  2021, 06:16 PM

Rubbed my left hand E41 pannier down a corrugated iron fence in the Port when trying not to miss the Cook Straight Ferry. Those panniers are wide. We were the last on.
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Irish in Oz

Mick_J

Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

steve porter

I once stupidly clipped a  tray truck with the touring pannier on my K100 and they didnt stick out nearly as far as the ones seem to on 14`s, got a set of the BMW city panniers after that for going to work with, they didn`t hold much but tucked in nice and tight, I`m now running that box, the seat bag and a magnetic tank bag and if I can`t fit everything in those I take the car

Hooli

I only use the panniers for camping.

Normally if I go away on the bike I use cheap hotels, B&Bs etc. If it doesn't fit in the topbox & tankbag it doesn't go.

Eric GSX1400K3

Not a pannier but once my right shoulder grazed the side of a 3.5t truck as he suddenly moved into my lane on the freeway, my fault as i was probably in his blind spot. Ive still got the white paint mark on my jacket. Evasive action included grabbing both brakes and swerving to the emergency lane.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk