Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grog

Mate getting his MT10 dynod and flash tuned tomorrow, cant wait for a ride on it. Interested to see power readout. It already leaves mine for dead. Strangely enough, if we did a 1000k run id flog him. 3 fuel stops for me, at least 5 for him. 👍😂

KiwiCol

Yeah, but us older blokes need more pee stops than fuel stops,  :happy1:  so it might even out.   :imrgreen:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

steve porter

Just had a google 17 liters for all that hp is stuff all, it would probably hit reserve at 150 km or thereabouts

Hooli

A mate has a MT10, it's something daft like 160bhp. I've not ridden with him since he got it to see how it actually goes.

grog

Trust me Hooli, they go. Steve, youre correct, it drinks 98 like an old H2 Kawa used to. Mates hoping dyno will sort, otherwise a Diavel on his list. 

Hooli

I'm sure they do & being that ugly you'd hope so, it's stop anyone seeing you on one.

steve porter

With the kms I'm doing now that would require a fuel stop every second day, what a pain that would be, I could have run to 400 + km the other day but chickened out at 380

grog

Agree, so ugly. Young blokes dont think so? Not at all a bike i like but wow, sure is a eye opener ride. blokes talk about 135 from a 14, take off 100kg and add 40 bhp,its madness if you have the guts, I try to but reckon i chicken out. Hes talking 190 after tomorrows tune. Ill try,

Kiwifruit

Talking with a mate last evening and he tells me his late model Aprilia Tuono does 140kph in 1st.  Not a great commuter bike.
Lovely bit of kit  :drool:
But how long would your license last ?
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

DP1400

Thats handy :rolleyes:

Probably a good idea to mention to him that he doesn`t have to do 87mph before changing gear...... :happy1:

Hooli

If anyone is planning major engine work in the future it looks a good time to stock up on parts, pistons & barrels etc are all about 75-80% at Robinson's Foundry. So I'm assuming Suzuki are trying to shift old stock rather than bin it, so it might be the last chance to do so.

Kenneth0405

Finally ..been like a beaver on steroids over the last couple of days.. fork oil changed 15w ..forks polished.. ignition and magneto covers done  ...all mirror polished mega happy wi result  :devil:

Del

Nice job fella - living in Dollar your be polishing them cases all year  :onya:
All Lives Matter
...until you multiply them by the speed of light squared. Then all lives energy.

A 'feuchainn gu cruaidh gus fuck a thoirt seachad - ach gu mì-fhortanach a' fàilligeadh

Kenneth0405

Del this is God's "wee county" ye got bike in Aug no turned a wheel hopefully next year ..perhaps we could organise a scottish meet sometime then I could show you mine and you could show me yours..dunno panic .. I'm pure heterosexual :devil
Be safe

seth

Hopefully we get a Scottish meet up next year .
There have been a couple over the years but nothing for a few .
So we are due a get together soon.
One of my good friends lives at blairingone just round the corner from you.(he has an xjr)
There are a good few of us up here.
:cheers:
only a slightly modified gsx1400
oh and a standard one too

Sethbot Postwhore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk