Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlivkovich

Quote from: KiwiCol on Thursday, 03 December  2020, 07:08 AM
Good skills painting the inside of that without getting it on the bobbins.  Great job.

Masking tape, beer, free time and nerves involved :cheers:

grog

Mliv, those tyres you use sure get good reviews. A great road and track tyre and last. Your thoughts Mate.

Eric GSX1400K3

+1 for me, I'm assuming they're the Mitas Sport Force+

Id be interested in your views on these @mlivkovich
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

mlivkovich

Yes, mitas sport force +, 7000km so far on them, great grip on dry and wet. My last tires were michelin pilot power and rear mitas is as good as michelin but front doesn't give feeling like michelin. Grip is good but there is some resistance when leaning, just feel harder to lean. So, michelin is my next choice.

Milts

@mlivkovich

Good job done with your front discs  :onya:

I'm intrigued with your front wheel clamp that is attached to what looks to be a home built bike stand? Any chance you have more photos of the stand to share?

I've often fancied one of those purpose built metal bike stands but not the easiest things to source and collect, especially when buying 2nd hand.

Would i have the confidence to build something from wood and be sure it wouldn't collapse and destroy my pride and joy?
The more l think about it as l type this, a purpose built stand seems a safer bet.   :bugga: 

mlivkovich

This wheel clamp is homemade just like whole lifting table is. I made it 8 months ago and it works great! My plan is to start new thread to show it but not finished yet (not painted). I hope I'll finish it over the winter.

There are many results if you search on google for "motorcycle wheel chock" but I can give you exact measurements of mine.

The wheel chock is safe for use, I serviced over 20 motorcycles including mine during this summer and it works great!

Milts

Cheers for getting back, yes i spotted the wheel chock looked home made too. I was more interested in the design of your wooden lifting table i definitely haven't the ability to make the metal wheel chock that would need to be bought  :)

Will be interested to see and read the finished article though.  :onya:

mlivkovich

Lifting table is made of metal (sounds like rob halford's album :imrgreen:), there is just osb table top. I made scissor lift powered by old truck air bag.

Roo

After a few weeks of worry about blood clots from a swollen calf (twice the size !!!!)   I got out for a 2hr ride.  Even took a pic (tho not that flash?) Better take a camera next time.

Eric GSX1400K3

STEDI is offering free express post delivery until 22/12, order by 18/12.  Check their website
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

steve porter

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Tuesday, 15 December  2020, 12:28 PM
STEDI is offering free express post delivery until 22/12, order by 18/12.  Check their website
Heads up on the LED globes, they don't fit using the original spring clip,it is too high and fouls the heat sink tilting the globe, I fitted one on the weekend and had to hold the globe in with a couple of little right angle brackets I made screwed in to the spring clip holding screw holes,haven't tried it at night yet but going by the reflection on the back of cars it looks promising

grog

Hooli

Mine didn't fit with the original clip either, so I bent the clip till it did.

steve porter

Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 16 December  2020, 07:27 PM
Stedi led? Looked too much to bend to me, so I didn't bother trying as I thought it may break

Hooli

Quote from: steve porter on Thursday, 17 December  2020, 05:44 AM
Quote from: Hooli on Wednesday, 16 December  2020, 07:27 PM
Stedi led? Looked too much to bend to me, so I didn't bother trying as I thought it may break

Not Stedi, can't recall the make.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk