Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiCol

😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

For places like this you mean? This was 2009 in Ireland & about 3 miles from tarmac, I stopped as it's where she passed 45k miles.

DP1400

Hooli, how did you manage to clean the chain and miss the rest of the bike? :lol:

Hooli

Quote from: DP1400 on Sunday, 15 November  2020, 07:34 AM
Hooli, how did you manage to clean the chain and miss the rest of the bike? :lol:

:lol:

Scotoliers are brilliant things.

Hooli

I had a little 160ish miles toddle out to Mablethorpe today as I wasn't working & it was sunny. A nice warm 4c for most of the day, some bits were colder according to Moonie's dash, I was nice & warm with the heated gear on half.

I think my rear Avon is about worn out, but it has done 7,800mile now which is a record for a rear tyre on this bike. The front still looks like new, it's the right shape & has plenty of tread left, very impressive tyres. Somewhere on this run my 14 ticked over 161k too.

Kiwifruit

Someone took all the leaves away Hooli and how long had that road cone been waiting in line.... Miles and miles of blinkin road cones all social distancing on our road at the moment.
Great photos by the way.
What does your heated kit consist of and what brand is it. My missus is happy to ride in the winter but gets really cold. 
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Hooli

Quote from: Kiwifruit on Saturday, 28 November  2020, 04:53 AM
What does your heated kit consist of and what brand is it. My missus is happy to ride in the winter but gets really cold.

I've got the Kiess jacket & trousers, can't fault them. It was down to 2c in places according to Moonie who's bike tells him. I only had it set to half power & was nice & warm.

Kiwifruit

Thanks for that, they are a great idea. My brother lives and works there now and says its cold !!
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

Eric GSX1400K3

Cleaned my pipes today (ahem....)

I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

KiwiCol

grog

Do you want my address Eric, im sure you have nothing to do next weekend. Superb job, mine are waiting. Reminded me of teens, mate had H2 and me GT750, reckon we pulled whole system off each once a month to clean.

SA14

Wow, superb job. I'd love to do mine but for two things. I kind of like the gold tarnish and I'm afraid of snapping bolts. You've removed your bolts before and anti-seized them I presume?

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: SA14 on Sunday, 29 November  2020, 07:31 PM
Wow, superb job. I'd love to do mine but for two things. I kind of like the gold tarnish and I'm afraid of snapping bolts. You've removed your bolts before and anti-seized them I presume?
no need to remove bolts, the header pipes are held on by springs that clip into holes in the flanges that are bolted to the head. The springs are a right Pita to get back on, especially on header pipes 2 and 3 as the frame tubes are in the way.  The stainless polished up nicely, I did like the tarnished look too, but the polished look is better.  Also did the engine block with the HD engine brightener.  Came up alright i thought.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

mlivkovich

I painted front discs, from scrathed black to fresh gold  :8:
Also changed bearings and seals

KiwiCol

Good skills painting the inside of that without getting it on the bobbins.  Great job.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk