News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve porter

grog

Phone call today, new tyre arrived. Pretty bloody good service. Now just to take wheel for fitting. 25 th ks on rear Angel before nail, best ive ever had. Previous Michelin went 13400.

Irish in Oz

Quote from: grog on Monday, 02 November  2020, 05:50 PMToday ordered new rear Angel, $260 fitted, nearly $100 cheaper than last time, now old model. 😀

Grog you say old model so what's the new one.

grog

grog

Wheel out today. Usually pride myself with clean bike. What a build up of crap in there. Until 3 yrs ago had a catch trap at work, degrease all around underneath etc.Hose it off.  Cant do that anymore, so theres 3 yrs of build up. A bit of scrubbing coming up, new pads also. Will have to find another way to start the degreaser program again.

KiwiCol

Just pour it on a bit of garden you don't like.

N where are the gold links ?   Surely a 14 deserves gold links ?  :stir:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Last one was gold Col, EK that good doesnt need jewellery. My next will be blue, look good. Reckon ill buy paddock stand, would that give clearance to slide a catch tray under tyre?Never tried one except on Diavel.

Mick_J

Took mine for it's delayed MOT yesterday, tester said "what a surprise, it's passed with no advisories again" happy with that.
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Hooli

I just took mine apart again to look at why it's so thirsty.

I've possibly found it, the new vacuum pipes I fitted about a year ago might have been the issue. The pipe on the MAP sensor was loose, I've trimmed it & clamped it on with a cable tie. If it wasn't foggy I'd take it out for a test run, so I don't know if it's worked yet.

grog

All clean under/around rear end. Brake cleaner and rag/brush. New tyre tomorrow. New pads required. Such a bad design rear caliper, should have rubber boot that extends with pistons. Question, do i just clean pistons as best i can while installed, push back in? Do i need to pop them out and perfectly clean, caliper rebuild?

Hooli

I pop the pads out, pump the pedal a few times to get clean piston showing & then clean them pistons with a toothbrush & brake cleaner before pushing them back in.

I tend to leave the calliper on the bike when I pump them out, as if one moves more than the other then the disk stops it popping out.

grog

Thanks Hooli, done before but not remembering. Ill get pistons almost out, think ill take caliper off, good clean etc.

Notty

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 09 November  2020, 07:33 PM
I pop the pads out, pump the pedal a few times to get clean piston showing & then clean them pistons with a toothbrush & brake cleaner before pushing them back in.

I tend to leave the calliper on the bike when I pump them out, as if one moves more than the other then the disk stops it popping out.
How do you get the brake cleaner out of the toothbrush before you brush your teeth ?  :rofl2:
@Hooli
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Hooli

Quote from: Notty on Monday, 09 November  2020, 09:25 PM
Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 09 November  2020, 07:33 PM

How do you get the brake cleaner out of the toothbrush before you brush your teeth ?  :rofl2:
@Hooli

I use the ex's toothbrush!

Kiwifruit

Didn't she clean her teeth in a glass beside the bed Hooli ? :stir:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk