News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Phil

Well I was between going with the pipes Notty has as pictured many times on this forum or the original's which I really like but Notties are a very close second. However, if it's going to be a ball ache to modify the OEM's then I will go for the add on's and pay the price.

Hooli

Whatever you do don't get Cambells, they look & sound shit.

Big Phil

Seriously Campbell's! I think they look awesome but haven't heard them!

Big Phil

Well if it's Campbell's then I need to sell the OEM's

Hooli

I hate them & if I ever bought a bike with them on, they'd be off before it cooled down once home.

Irish in Oz

These are Campbell's they were loud but I never heard them much because he was always behind me.

Eric GSX1400K3

Fitted a clear led brake light, pretty happy with the result.  Removed the ventura rack brackets and cleaned up the sub frame including getting rid of all the road grime under and inside the tail section.  Quite a build up, doubt it had been done for 5+ years.

I like the versatility of the ventura rack, but the tail end looks so much better without anything cluttering it up. 

Tidied up the wiring to the taillight and ran split convoluted tubing to keep it all together.

Finally went for a nice 200km round trip with my youngest daughter (14yo) as pillion, stopped off for a feed and coffee, (i think the bike bug has bitten her too).

great day all round
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

Hooli

Not my bike but I stripped, cleaned & bled up a 14's clutch hydraulics outside a cafe this morning so a mate could ride home from the Yorkshire Pud rally after they failed when parked for the weekend.

The fluid came out like black water & didn't even feel greasy, so it's working a bit better now the system & fluid is clean.

Dusty ST

Loving my return to standard gearing from the +4 rear/-1 front my 14 came with from the PO.
I get to go Vrooom, Vrooom, Vrooom, Vroom... Woh...  through the gears rather than
V,Vr,Vr,Vro,Vro,Vroo... Agh... no 7th gear   :)
'02 GSX1400 K2
'08 1050 Sprint ST (RIP :( )
'17 1050 Tiger Sport

steve porter

Received and fitted the crash bars from masterbates today, nice bars and in excellent condition

grog

Can put your feet up for a rest now Steve. I sometimes do but youre much taller, might not work for you. I reckon they are nice little bars, fit in well. Mine were sold to me as perfect, didnt show under pics where theyd been down the road. Much welding etc, came up good. I was so pissed off i was determined to fix them.

grog

Sold as perfect, were worse than they look.

Masterbates

I remember seeing somewhere you can get a clamp on foot peg thing to put on the engine bars for long tours.  As long as you arent pretending to be Max Biaggi they shouldnt get in the road.... On the road :P

steve porter

Masterbates

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk