News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsxbarmy

Agreed to part-ex my Triumph against a BMW GS1250 (which I pick up in a couple of weeks  :onya: :onya:)
Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Daytona

Dropped my 14 off at dream machine ,having full job in a different scheme,pics to follow in about 4 weeks,

gsxbarmy

Quote from: Daytona on Friday, 24 July  2020, 03:13 AM
Dropped my 14 off at dream machine ,having full job in a different scheme,pics to follow in about 4 weeks,

Oooooh - Dream Machine paintwork is something else - looking forward to seeing what she comes out like @Daytona  :onya:

Roo

Must say your fork bottoms look way better than mine, Daytona.

Mick_J

Quote from: gsxbarmy on Friday, 24 July  2020, 01:58 AM
Agreed to part-ex my Triumph against a BMW GS1250 (which I pick up in a couple of weeks  :onya: :onya:)

Congrats, the beemer motor is a real stonker.  Are you getting all the toys with it Barmy?
Keep the rubber side down.          Mick

Kiwifruit

Looking forward to some photos Dave. Congrats  :onya:
Thought of you and Mrs B when we were in Taupo on Sunday  :cheers:
Another great day on the right side of the grass.😎

gsxbarmy

Quote from: mjgt on Friday, 24 July  2020, 05:10 PM

Congrats, the beemer motor is a real stonker.  Are you getting all the toys with it Barmy?

Oh yes - it comes with most as standard - the one I've gone for is the GS1250 Exclusive TE - which has a cracking auto shifter that works both up and down, TFT screen, auto suspension, different drive modes, ABS, BMW Sat Nav (you really don't want to know the price of that piece of kit as its the BMW computer as well) and a whole load more - you name it it seems to have it. Plus I've gone for an alarm and intelligent emergency call as well - so if I have an off the bike alerts the necessary authorities. Main reason for the change was weight and whilst the Beemer is not a great deal different from my Trumpet, the difference is that the weight is all low down and my recent low speed tumble and catching my foot under the bike just makes it more sense to get something that I can keep balanced and flat foot more. Been stripping my Triumph down today in readiness for the call which will be "sometime in the next couple of weeks" as the dealership is still down on staff working there due to Covid and has initiated a gradual return to work. Can't wait, really looking forward to it.

The main thing is that I will have confidence in riding it which after my recent tumble I seemed to have lost a bit. Not in riding that's all good, but more in finally admitting to myself that much as I love my Explorer, it's just too heavy for me now. Age I guess LOL.

Once I get it will post up pictures for sure  :onya:

KiwiCol

I rode my brothers explorer & said to him, it's a bit top heavy isn't it?  He said he hadn't noticed it.  Each to their own, good on you Dave, thsat bike should be a bloody cracker for you.  :cheers:
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

grog

Well done Barmy. Lots of gadgets for you to play with. I tried a Honda Africa, just way too high for me, they shouldve called it Honda Elephant, i felt i was sitting on one. Today just finished off my big clean. Those motors sure come up nice courtesy of S100. Next time will have to be Harley product, hope it doesnt start running on 2 cylinders.  :)

Eric GSX1400K3

Looks great Grog, i might have to invest in some. Washed and scrubbed mine with a wheel brush last week, but doesnt come up anywhwre near as nice ad yours.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

grog

It will Eric. Not too difficult. Wet n Dry on shiny end fins, then Autosol. Wish i could find some more S100, ridiculous price from overseas. Will try the Harley stuff. $25, hope its as good. I tried long ago, wd40, inox etc, waste of time. Me in a Harley shop,  :rofl2:

Irish in Oz

That's 50cc more than I'm used to.

grog

Irish, if you need counselling over those 50cc, im here to help.  :laugh:

Irish in Oz

If I put on a sports exhaust, lower the seat handlebars and screen and put on a good set of low profile sports tyres and a speedo healer.
I reckon I will be happy with it.

Hooli

I've just got back from an eight day trip to the Black Forest & of course it rained all the way from just outside Calais till I got home. The M11 was more like a river than a road, I couldn't see cars 100yrds away due to all the spray.

The week was great though, sunny all the time & fantastic roads down there. 2,500mile or so done & both pegs scraped (first time in years I've done that). I'll get some pics up later but only been home 2hrs & eating first.

While down there I found it a BMW K1600GT thingy is heavy as hell to pick up, especially as it was fully loaded at the time! A mate on the trip dropped his & he can't lift it. I did, just but feck they weigh a lot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk