News:

20 January 2024 - the forum is now 7 years old. Time flies.

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froudy

@Notty

Are those chromed or polished? If it's chrome you'll find that it cracks off when you tighten the nut up. I had a side stand chromed for the Bandit. Where it touches the ground it's all flaked off. Alu is even harder to get chrome to stick.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Notty

Quote from: froudy on Thursday, 25 June  2020, 07:54 PM
@Notty

Are those chromed or polished? If it's chrome you'll find that it cracks off when you tighten the nut up. I had a side stand chromed for the Bandit. Where it touches the ground it's all flaked off. Alu is even harder to get chrome to stick.
Its polished Steve - I remembered your warning in the past  :)
@froudy
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

froudy

Quote from: Notty on Thursday, 25 June  2020, 08:20 PM
Quote from: froudy on Thursday, 25 June  2020, 07:54 PM
@Notty

Its polished Steve - I remembered your warning in the past  :)
@froudy

:onya: :onya:
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!

Hooli

Mine look exactly like that, if you squint in the dark from several miles away.

Eric GSX1400K3

Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 25 June  2020, 09:06 PM
Yep, i can see them from here... :stir:
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

GSXKING

Quote from: Eric GSX1400K3 on Thursday, 25 June  2020, 09:28 PM
Quote from: Hooli on Thursday, 25 June  2020, 09:06 PM
Yep, i can see them from here... :stir:

Me too  :boogie: luckily "I wear sunglasses at night" (Corey Hart)  :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

V_i_c_i

GSX1400Convert

Received a pair of rear sets I bought. Used, need a good clean up.  :whistling: Another job to do.
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there's no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

Poweranger

Today I removed my swing arm to grease the bearings and then removed my rear shock springs and dropped them off at the powder coasters, Still plenty to do.🤔
Steve Kennedy

Bri1100

Been busy in the garage lately, fitted goodridge clutch hose, Scott oiler, air filter, rear disc and pads, disconnected PAIRS and  after only a 30 day wait the shocks finally arrived, so when all was done I fired up and rode out garage switched of and went indoors to kit up, came back out pressed ignition Nothing !!! back in garage turn on all lights clock sweep no solenoid click I relay hate electrics back indoors on to the org lots of good tips in older threads checked clutch switch as I had been working in that area, still nothing then checked side stand switch, result solenoid now clicking and very sad attempt to turn over, put optimate on overnight next day still the same so of to halfords new battery, 1st touch back in business, only problem now is as it's high summer in bonny Scotland it chuckin' it down. oh the joys. P.S. the oil on floor don't run the engine when your scott oiler is still on prime. Ejit.

Hooli

I took mine for a small 270mile coddiwomple around the north yorks moors. Saw some standing stones (Lordstones), funicular cliff railway & other things. But my phone decided to be a potato cam all day so nothing to show for it.

T250

Eric GSX1400K3

Replacing head stem bearings, pulled the front end off and removed the triple clamps.  Was a bit surprised to see the bearings had already been replaced with tapered rollers, but both top and bottom were shagged. Wil post photos later.

Also replacing rear light with LED unit.
I try to take one day at a time, however sometimes several days catch up with me at once.

gsxbarmy

Fitted my dashcam - Innovv C5 - with (up to) 38 hours of recording from a 256Gb card - got fed up with GoPro's and their 50 mins max

https://innovv.co.uk/products/c5/

Nothing to do.............all day to do it....I love retirement :lol:

Hooli

As the weather was so lovely today I decided to start taking my bike apart to make sure it's ready for Germany next week. Damn good job I didn't leave it till next week to do so due to this afternoon's discovery.

The day started well, forks stripped, cleaned out and rebuilt.
Steering bearings checked and regreased.
Front brakes rebuilt.
Clutch fluid bled through.
Teabag cleaned.
Throttles balanced.
One of the two tyres I've ordered arrived.
Then I moved to the back of the bike.
Rear brake rebuilt.
Wheel out and oh...FFS! both wheel bearings seized solid. Bloody things have only done 17k!
Swingarm out and bearings cleaned and greased, still original and still fine.

So tomorrow I need to get hold of wheel bearings and chase my tyre. I'm changing the front bearings again too as where all replaced together.

I'll never buy 'all balls' bearings again, they aren't fit to be fitted to bikes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk