News:

GSX1400: A Magic Carpet with a Rocket up its Arse

Main Menu

Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve porter

While I had it up on the hoist doing an Oil and filter change I applied rim tape to break up the all black wheels

KiwiCol

That rim tape looks very smart indeed!   What brand of hoist is that Steve & where'd ya get it from?   Thinking an ole bloke really should have one of those.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

steve porter

Quote from: KiwiCol on Sunday, 14 June  2020, 01:43 PM
That rim tape looks very smart indeed!   What brand of hoist is that Steve & where'd ya get it from?   Thinking an ole bloke really should have one of those.
I don't think It was a branded commercial one, there doesn't seem to be a name anywhere,a mechanic friend of mine had a few of them and when I saw them about 30 years ago I got him to get me one, I used to have a push up ramp that I nearly came to grief with a few
times so when I saw this it was a no brainer, pretty sure it was the first hydraulic bike hoist that I ever saw

KiwiCol

insane1400

Yesterday I repainted my wheels, it looks much easier on utube lol. Today I finished up the LH side engine cover.

Will14

Today I refitted the standard exhausts to my K2, have to say that I think that despite their weight they suit the bike better than any aftermarket exhausts, and I must be getting old as I prefer the quieter tone as well  :embarassed:

SheepDog

Quote from: GSX1400Convert on Tuesday, 02 June  2020, 12:40 PM
I was sick and tired of farting around with power for my 5V Sat Nav. So I mounted this as a permanent fixture. Gives 2 x 5V outlets and real time battery voltage.
Even matches the gauge lights  :cool:

Yeah, looks ok mate.
Question: I noticed your chrome forks extending pretty high up from the top clamps. Is everything standard there? And are you just changing the position of the forks for geometric changes to the front end.  :cheers:

KiwiCol

What ya lookin at Sheepy?  :whatever:   I can't see any extra fork poking up.   :confused1:    Ahhh, it's gsxconvert pic on the other page.  Got it. :onya:

SheepDog

Might be my mistake as it looks like the chrome tube extending away from the upper clamp, but is probably just the suspension wound out to a specific ring.

Hooli

Yup looks like the front has been dropped down the forks to me as well.

Mine used to be like that to make up for the slightly shorter & softer el-cheapo Ohlins on the back, it's up to normal since I went to a 55 profile on the rear.

insane1400

Today I was quite busy, did the clearcoat on my wheels, made some PAIRs blanking plates, started to put my calipers back together, cleaned the centrestand and threw some paint on it

GSX1400Convert

Quote from: Hooli on Monday, 15 June  2020, 06:47 PM

There's a good reason for that .............. I have this weird handling issue, where it feels like it doesn't want to tip in, and then it just drops down pre-apex. I dropped the forks and found it tipped in better and remained that way through the corner. Have kept it like that ever since.

I think the frame is bent, hence I'm looking for another one, rather than have this one straightened.
The initial attraction to motorcycling inflicts people for various reasons and at different stages in their lives. But once someone experiences the elation of riding a motorcycle there's no denying the nearly spiritual effect it has.

KiwiCol

Both of mine do that too, when my front tire is worn down on RHS.   New tire & not so much.

GSXKING

Quote from: GSX1400Convert on Wednesday, 17 June  2020, 08:51 AM

There's a good reason for that .............. I have this weird handling issue, where it feels like it doesn't want to tip in, and then it just drops down pre-apex. I dropped the forks and found it tipped in better and remained that way through the corner. Have kept it like that ever since.

I think the frame is bent, hence I'm looking for another one, rather than have this one straightened.
There is a very experienced frame straightening guy in Slacks Creek if your interested. Dave Kellett Eng. I've done mine with him, never handled better afterwards.  :clapping: :clapping: :worshippy: :notworthy: :hat:
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Hooli

Quote from: GSX1400Convert on Wednesday, 17 June  2020, 08:51 AM

Aye I can see how dropping the front would do that, it should make it less stable in a straight line though. I had mine like that for ages to improve the turn in, but since going to a 190/55 rear I've lifted the front back up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk