Continuing - So what did you do to your bike today...?

Started by gsxbarmy, Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre

Bike has been running rough for a while and I have pulled out a few hairs over it. Finally found a Copper Worm, a species that must be a relative of the earth worm as it had befallen an earth line (by the steering head, coming from the ignition switch). 200 km test run made me happy again.

Milts

I've been pondering whether to remove the chrome crash bars on my K3 for sometime, i think they look good but sometimes my shins can touch the bars especially if i ride with motorcycle boots on, just need to be aware of the foot position on the pegs.

Anyway i bit the bullet and bought and fitted some R&G crash bungs. All good so i thought..... but each time i stand back and admire the bike it just looks so bare and wrong.

Hopefully I'll soon get used to it, i had planned to stick the bars straight on ebay but am going to hang onto them for now!
Got a feeling they might be refitted.

Notty

put new ?Hel  braided lines to replace the rusty Hel lines. Rode to the garage (essential journeys only in Wales) and filled up with BP ultimate as bike not ridden since last year  :bugga:
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

Dusty ST

Quote from: Notty on Thursday, 21 May  2020, 06:01 AM
put new ?Hel  braided lines to replace the rusty Hel lines. Rode to the garage (essential journeys only in Wales) and filled up with BP ultimate as bike not ridden since last year  :bugga:

I filled up on the way home after an hour out on the bike yesterday evening (I think we're allowed to as I was staying alert)
Petrol was 99.9p a liter.
Might be the last time we see petrol under a pound a litre.
'02 GSX1400 K2
'08 1050 Sprint ST (RIP :( )
'17 1050 Tiger Sport

GSXKING

Did you freshen the fuel ?
GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

Notty

Quote from: GSXKING on Thursday, 21 May  2020, 07:23 PM

Did you freshen the fuel ?
The BP Ultimate is full of additives , Barmy recommends it, tank was 3/4 empty so filled up 18L ( broke the law driving there though !) and the 10 miles testing long way round home to make sure all ok for safety reasons of course ! I had put fuel stabiliser in back in December last time bike was ridden.  :)
@GSXKING
The older I get the better I was
The problem with retirement is that you cant take a day off

DP1400

Milts - re-fit your chrome engine bars and put the `bungs`on ebay! I have chrome engine bars on my K3 and they look great. Its a Suzuki so chrome bling is perfectly fine! Whats more, and I hate to think about it, one day they may save my foot as well as the bikes bottom end.  :onya:

Hooli

Engine bars look horrid, but so do bungs.

Just practice falling off gently, mines been down the road several times on both sides & has only needed a bit of epoxy inside the ignition cover to stop a weep of oil after the last time.

GSXKING

GSXKING 3:^)
Chris
Best allrounder I've ever owned 👍

grog

If you dont like 14 crash bars, you shouldve seen the ones on my first GT750. HUGE. I was only 17 and my Old Mans rules, no crashies,  no bike. Was easy decision.

Basil Brush

Just had MOT - no issues. New clutch switch fitted. After 18 years of usage decided it was the day to retire. Now looking at changing grips - old age creeping in.
He who laugh's last - laugh's last...

Villiam3rd

Fabricated some adapter plates for lowering footpegs 30mm.
Some paint and stainless allen head bolts will finish the product.

mlivkovich

KiwiCol

Quote from: Villiam3rd on Saturday, 23 May  2020, 01:42 AM
Fabricated some adapter plates for lowering footpegs 30mm.
Some paint and stainless allen head bolts will finish the product.
Remember to show us finished job. Good idea.
😎  Always looking for the next corner.  😎

Hooli

I did a little 160-170mile toddle about the Peak District & then up to Strawberry Fields cafe near York for tea.

Have a stunning action shot while waiting for my mate to adjust the brakelight switch on his trike as it wasn't working.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk